Using WLAN-File hash problem

mcfee03

Hi, today I changed from using a corded connection to the net to connecting with a wireless card. Unfortunetly, it has caused a problem with uTorrent- every file I've began downloading (4 completely different torrents) keep saying "Piece ### file hash check".

I've searched about it but only really found it means damaged data. But that doesn't make sense in my case because I've never had this problem before and all the files are completely unrelated.

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!

First, try it with some 100% good torrents, for example, with an open office torrent.

Second, try describing the problem in some more details.

For example, do you get non-stop hash fails on all 4 torrents, or just getting it from time to time ?

If its the former, are the torrents now all at 99.9% or some very similar high value ?

The more details you provide, the better the chance someone may be able to say something useful to you :-)

The brand of the hardware is Asus and it's a usb WLAN adapter. What do you mean ny access point? The failed hash was not from time to time it kept coming up. Right now it has stopped for some reason which is good, but it is not as fast as when I had it plugged in with a cord. If I have full strength WIFI then will I still be experiencing slower torrents than if I had it plugged in?

Archived