µTorrent in Windows Vista 64

AllGamer

Hi :D

I just wanted to share µTorrent 1.7 (2248) is working perfectly in Vista 64

and the migration of the settings files, and download ratios migrated very easily :)

barely 4% CPU usage at its peak, and Seeding / Downloading is going extremely fast.

however between 2% ~ 3% CPU average.

just though i'll share a good story, since everyone only visits forums to complain or to get a problem resolved :P

Asus P5B Deluxe, Core2Duo X6800, 4GB (2x) OCZ Gold XTC PC6400, ATI AIW X1900 256MB, SB X-Fi XGamer Fatal1ty, LG GSA-H22L, 1TB (2x) WD5000YS RE2, 150GB (2x) WD Raptor 74GB, 600w Xion, Dual 19" HannsG HW191D, Sunbeam UV Acrylic, (5x) SilentX 14db Fan

the P5B Deluxe comes with Dual 1 Gbps LAN on board

the rest of the network is just and old Linksys Router BEFSR41 with a wireless version of the speedbooster piggying its back

oh, not using firewall, and using Avast for antivirus.

router setup to with static port forward, to one of the LAN cards, meanwhile i keep the 2nd LAN card strictly for gaming.

the rest of the info is in my other post, about the specific settings with uTorrent

:D

I'll add my "success" too:

I suppose the more vital data would be:

Linksys WRT54G v4 router (4.30.9 firmware, no uPnP used, static ip+forwarding), Vista x64 Home Premium, standard Windows Firewall, Windows Defender, nForce 430 MCP gigabit NIC (using nVidia driver if I remember correctly)

The rest of the system:

Athlon 64 X2 3600+, 2GB DDR2-667, WD 250GB SATA HD, ASUS M2NPV-VM, MSI NX7600GS-T2D256EH

Even 1.6.1 worked fine (except the file association problem). Had a small confusing moment with installing where µTorrent ended up in C:\Users\, but I got over that :).

Things are working perfectly for me using the following:

uTorrent 1.7 (2248)

Vista x64 Ultimate

NETGEAR DG834G Router (Firmware V4.01.20)

Static IP, Port Forwarding

I've disabled Vista firewall since router deals with that, not had any problems at all.

Got the Web UI (works fine in IE7 & Firefox) and sidebar gadget going as well.

Thanks! Great client - couldn't ask for more - appreciate all your efforts!

t1k.

Archived