avast! Anti-virus added support for uTorrent

CreativeQi

avast! Version 4.6.731 November 12, 2005

P2P Shield: added support for BitLord, uTorrent and ABC

Avast (my favorite anti-virus program) has just added P2P support for µTorrent (my new favorite BT client), in addition to having P2P support available for Bitcomet (my old favorite BT client) for quite sometime.

Did µtorrent developers have any input with Avast in adding this feature, or has µTorrent has developed a critical mass of users which prompted Avast to add it to the program?

Thanks,

Malino

µTorrent Citizen/Immigrant (circa 11/05), Expatriate residing in BitComet, Azureus Refugee, ABC Survivor/Asylum-seeker.

@silverfire: O.O lol I don't think that's what Malino (CreativeQi) was asking about xD

@CreativeQi: I'm not sure, but my guess would be that the developers had nothing to do with this. Maybe the users of avast! requested this somewhere, or maybe the developers of avast! decided to add the client on their own (µTorrent has become very popular, very quickly).

My best guess on this matter, since avast!'s on-access control panel states that it's for NT/2k/XP/2k3 only, it probably just monitors UPnP and scans for viruses through those mapped ports.

Even so, it will get more users to µTorrent. Every little bit helps as they say.

Archived