Forced download icon

Subb

Props for the great client.

I have a simple feature request, if it can be called that. To have another, differentiating icon for forced downloads in the "name" column.

I like to remove and re-arrange columns to de-clutter the interface, to make it simple to scan the status of a torrent quickly. For example I remove the "status" column as this is almost redundant, as the icons next to the name tell the basic status just fine. All, that is, except whether it is forced or normal download. As I use the scheduler to deal with daily time restrictions on net usage, I need to keep a tab on whether it is forced or not.

I could imagine a forced download icon being a simple variant of normal download, IE with a little red triangle overlapping the blue.

Sorry if it's been asked before, I did try a search but got too many hits to go through them all.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

I like this idea. The [F] is after Downloading or Seeding which means the column has to be wide enough to show everything. If the [F] was first you could narrow the column and still know the status ([F] Do...). Moving the [F] should be very easy to do, but a couple new icons is also easy. Either works for me.

mrhogan

Heh I'm not sure how I missed mrhogan's post... but I guess you're referring to [F] Download, not Download [F] (the current behavior), eh? ;P

Either way, I was arguing against the addition of a new icon, column, or the full word "Forced." Placing [F] at the front of the status makes sense, I guess.

No. :/

1.) It'll confuse n00bs even more than they already are and they'll make a 100+ threads extra a day;

2.) Much more work for graphics artists, extra status icons will need to be designed and added to the existing ones.

[F] on the front is more convenient, IMO. :)

1.) It'll confuse n00bs even more than they already are and they'll make a 100+ threads extra a day;

n00bs don't even know what "Forced download" is

2.) Much more work for graphics artists, extra status icons will need to be designed and added to the existing ones

Is just a matter of using the current download icon and add just a small red triangle looking up in the right bottom corners.

I thinks its too easy to implement.

Unless you are the graphic artist, how can you know that it's too much work? Adding a small F or something in the current download/seed icon couldn't be easier.

I support Forced mode icons. And then I could get rid of the status colum altogether as the status would be displayed by the icon.

Archived