µTorrent Causing The Blue Screen Of Death!

Josiah

Hi All, I just download µTorrent About a week ago, everything was going good, lovedthe change from BitComment just because ya'll don't have the dumb adds.

Everything was going good untill 2days ago, I noticed that if I have µTorrent open then I get the blue screen, I can't remember everything it says, but I know it says that If you've installed somthing you should uninstall it. and the only options I have is to hold my powerbutton down to turn off my laptop, then turn it back on. Does anyone know why this is hapenning?

I've got Windows XP SP2 With the µTorrent 1.7 Beta. It's annoying too, becuase I'm trying to rip my dvds to my computer so I can put them on my iPod, and it stops it becuase of the dumb error.

Thanks!

ok, it says...

that windows shutdown to prevent damage to the computer, and that the file kmscf.sys caused it, and if I this is the first time i've seen this screen to restart the computer, but if this screen keeps poping up to contact my computer manager.

and if that does not work, that I should uninstall any new programs that I've installed recently. which in this case would be µTorrent, anyway dont want to do that.

The file kmscf.sys sounds fishy. GOOGLE turned up NOTHING on it...kinda surprised me...though this is typical behavior of random-filename viruses.

Check the properties of that file to see who it's made by...if listed.

It may be an old version and be "fixed" by updating it.

Or you may not need/want it and can uninstall it and/or the program/s associated with it.

• 1 month later...

I've never had a bluescreen with uTorrent and then after the 1.7.2 download I get them all the time. I can't use uTorrent anymore. I installed 1.6.1 which worked just fine before but it also gives me bluescreen now. When I don't have uTorrent running I don't get the bluescreen even if I run the PC for days and then a few minutes after i turn on uTorrent...BLUESCREEN!

I get some message about SQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL or something like that. Whatever that means. ??!!

I didn't notice any, I'm trying to get the BSoD again to see, but now it seems to be working lol. I bet it will go BS on me soon though, so far it has happened sooner or later.

EDIT:

I got the BS now. It was NNTcp.sys there's a bunch of other information as well if you need it mostly a bunch of zeros :P

Can't find the file on my computer :? I searched for it but came up with nothing.

I re-installed windows. Didn't help. I Installed it on another hard drive and it seemed to work, but then the next day it got a blue screen again. I changed cooler on my Sapphire X1950GT from stock to Artic Cooling Accelero X2 recently. Maybe that could have triggered it, but why only when using a torrent client? If it's related to the video card it should be problems playing games, but no only using a torrent client :?

Archived