Delete downloaded "sub"-files

GreatS

I hope this is the right forum to place this question on, well the problem is that I do not know how to delete a file in a torrent, without deleting the rest. The reason why I want to do this is that the torrent exists of ~20 short "movies", which I always downloaded in pairs of approximately 5, because the total would be FAR TOOOOO LARGE (sometimes lots of dvd's) and I don't have enough free space anymore. In Azureus (the previous Torrent program I used) I would right click on the "sub"-file and select remove, but there is no such option in µTorrent.

PS. Can't simply delete the file neither, as µTorrent then gives a read error.

So I was right uTorrent itself has no function for it ;-( ;-( ;-(, I guess I will switch back to azureus then ;-( ;-( (And I loved the webUI soooo much...)

Edit: Actually I am not sure whether I will switch back, after I missed 2 great functions after starting azureus... ;(

What??? Dude, you're... way too quick to judge. Learn to use the program first.

This is not hard at all, nor is it hidden, difficult to find, or otherwise.

I'll let the images (or their filenames at least) do the talking...

L_YOUAREANIDIOT1.png.png

L_YOUAREANIDIOT2.png.png

If you want to delete them after downloading, just do the same, Don't Download, delete the files you marked, then re-check the torrent to have uTorrent find the missing end pieces. ALL TORRENT CLIENTS MUST DOWNLOAD THE END PIECES TO COMPLETE THE TORRENT. BitTorrent isn't file-based, it's piece-based, so one piece may contain a hundred files, or one file may span hundreds of pieces. When you exclude a file, it has to still retain a piece that also contains part of a file you are downloading, which includes part of a file you didn't. This isn't any sort of inconvenience at all, nor is it uTorrent specific. Pieces are only up to 4mb in size anyway.

Get over it.

Wasn't able to work on this problem last 2 days so well this was the result

I am getting an error: "files missing from job"... And I was really getting sick of searching a solution to my problem, so I over reacted a bit

And I'm getting sick of seeing you come back in here bitching while you haven't even done a single damn thing we said to do.

RE. CHECK. THE. FUCKING. TORRENT!!!

edit: Pardon my bluntness... I have a huge pounding nauseating headache and reading the stupidity in this thread sure didn't help...

Guess I am making some really STUPID mistake then, well I thought that "force a recheck" means the same as a force start... So what I made of it was the following:

• Stop the torrent
  • Set utorrent to "skip" the files
  • Delete the files
  • Click force start

PS. Sorry for my bad English

Edit: I assume that all of you now are irritated about me the same way as I am sometimes when I help "newbies" in my "profession"(Programming).

Archived