Portforwarding

DarkEdward

Alright, I can get in my Linksys router perfectly before I mess with anything. However, once I setup a static IP for a portforward, I CANNOT get into it anymore. I read and followed the directions at Portforward.com, but I am still having problems. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

DarkEdward

UPDATE: Well, nevermind. I got the router thing to work, but ports still are not forwarding...so I give up.

Thanks,

DE

I guess that was my problem, because I have no idea what you are talking about, LOL. Is there a step by step guide I can read somewhere that explains everything better beside Portforward.com?

Update:

I guess what I am confused about is exactly what my IP address is. The IP Address listed on ipconfig /all is different from the one port forward gives me (external IP), so which do I use?

And yea, I set it to BOTH.

The following worked for me:

1. Options > Advanced > netmax_halfopen: set to 4.

2. General tab: Observe all dead or stalling trackers (you have to keep at least one unless there's a good peer count for DHT); remove them in Properties pop-up. Many torrents are multiple-tracker, and after awhile a lot of them are toast; some are just plain bad to begin with.

3. Close uTorrent. Remove ethernet cable or whatever. Restart cable box and/or router and/or computer. Plug everything back in and relaunch.

4. If your speeds suck at 7am-8am, noon-1pm and 7pm-10pm, your internet provider has oversold its bandwidth, and you're getting choked at peak usage times.

Archived