btlaunchmany-esque Support

ig88b

I would love to see a feature added that allows µTorrent to function like btlaunchmany does; monitoring a directory, downloading and seeding any torrents in that directory, then removing the torrent (regardless of whether it is still downloading, or seeding) once the file is removed from the directory. The directory monitoring is already there, so adding an option to remove torrents that are no longer in the directory should be easy.

This feature would help immensely with torrent distribution groups who start out with high speed seeds and remove them after certain criteria are met.

No, (in my case) the decision to remove a torrent is based on any number of factors, e.g. how many other initial (100mbit) seeds are on the torrent. This is subjective and often done manually.

Right now we're using btlaunchmany.py on windows, but the python implementation in windows is not great and the client crashes a lot. I'm looking for another windows client to function in this capacity and µTorrent would be perfect if it had this capability.

• 1 month later...

Archived