deleted files not freeing up disk space???

carsonsig

ok, I downloaded a 25 G torrent, seeded it for a bit, realized the content sucked and deleted it through the delete torrent and data function in utorrent. later that day after not downloading anymore and having restarted I realized my "my computer" was only showing 7G of free space. so obviously the 25 G DIDNT Get freed up or deleted at all.... I checked my downloads folder where the torrent file and data folder were when I was watching the movies, and they are both gone.

is there something I am missing? are the files stored elsewhere? I did some searches and couldnt find an answer, but I am sure someone knows.

this is the only issue I am having utorrent kicks ass!

thanks

Carson

If you have Norton or Symantec utilities installed, you may have a recycle-bin feature engaged where deleted files sit for a couple days. If so, right-click on the bin and see what settings you can alter. (I have Norton, and set the trash to not use more than 1% of drive space, and to empty every day rather than 7 days.)

Guys I got the same prob, and I find out : new version of Utorrent add a new func: delete files to trashcan! So we have to clear the trashcan in order to delete them.

How to fix this: just go to ADVANCED----gui.delete to trash......make it FALSE.

• 3 months later...

Archived