Utorrent refuses to connect or download

silentwitness

Hello ive been using Utorrent for a while now and on a certain download with 160 seeds and 750 peers according to the website when it opens in Utorrent it shows 0 seeds and 0 peers ive left it on the whole night and nothing it still shows 0 seeds and 0 peers but if i start the same torrent file in Azureus it connects to the peers and seeds and starts downloading almost immediately. I prefer not to use Azureus cause it hogs my system and my bandwidth so any idea why Utorrent is acting so weird?

Normal torrents work great on U torrent its just this one was givin a problem. At first i thaught the torrent might be dead but decided to try it on Azureus and its downloading very well with no issues at all. Trackerstatus gives me Hostname not found. Its connecting to the same tracker that azureus is, and its giving me a red arrow facing downwards.

Is it a "UDP tracker" torrent?

If so, µTorrent does NOT support them.

It may use alternate character sets for filenames in ways that µTorrent does not support.

And lastly it can be a buggy .torrent file that Azureus can "barely" load, and µTorrent refuses because it is buggy.

nope i dont think its a UDP tracker torrent. It has normal file names nothing out of the ordinary. The file seems fine ive found the same .torrent file on many diff sites for the same file. Ive tried it from all the sites in Utorrent but no luck. Azureus downloads it without any issues at all.

Archived