Anyone still using other clients?

amai_heian

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
- It lacks proper disk-caching. This is a killer when downloading at 800+KB/s, I can't do anything hard drive intensive at the same time.

Get a USB or Firewire hard drive if you're using a laptop, or add another one to a free drive bay for a desktop, and you shouldn't have problems if the torrents are saved there. Works for me.

Of course then I upload to a ReadyNAS 600 so I can access from any computer on my LAN. :D

As for the thread topic, I still get Azureus out for torrents that are only available on their version of DHT, and of course for unicode files. When Azureus moves to mainline DHT and µTorrent supports unicode I will be very happy.

oh...thanks. as u can see I never created a torrent using uT yet......:P

Be Gone Az!!!! ( I shoulda been got rid of this hog monster....) Plus its ALOT easier to the average user how to do it as compared to Az.

"uT Rocks!!" so much its not even funny

Why, I wonder.. Is there a point sticking to a bugged, very old version of the official, feature-less client ?

It's for historical reasons as I run the official client under FreeBSD when there's no other choice at that time. For windows, I prefer utorrent & Bitcomet since most torrents are multitracker now, it's hard to find torrent compatible with old official 3.4 client now.

I still use Azureus because I find that the 700k to (sometimes) 1 million people on DHT there can usually get me more seeds than I can find even with µTorrents DHT. In fact I sometimes find myself running both clients simulatenously, µTorrent for the stuff I get from private trackers and then Azureus for some files from some open trackers.

Archived