Port Forwarding is not working.

Razieldervampir

So I tried to forward my port and did the whole portforward.com thing and I still have a yellow triangle. I entered exactly this into my router's web interface:

Utor1 192.168.0.146 (my static IP) both 5000/5000 (utorrent port) Always

And I do the port forward test and it says 5000 is not open.

I just did the Speedtest and got 175Kb/s as my download speed and 104 Kb/s as my upload speed. I had earlier had my connection type at xx/256k and changed it to xx/96k and went from getting 0 seeds to like 12 seeds. I don't know if that made a difference of if it was coincidential. I have my global maximum upload at 7 and download maximum at 100, I noticed these settings made a big difference. 7 seems to be my ideal upload maximum, lower and higher kill my download speeds. I don't know what to put for my global maximum download.

My current download speed for the 2.98 GB files I'm trying to download is around 29Kb/s, and upload is around 6-7Kb/s of course. I cannot get any higher of a download speed than 30.1Kb/s and probably won't be able to get any higher unless I can get my upload speed higher.

I had connected my computer directly to the modem instead of the router, and it didn't do anything. I still had the yellow triangle.

Here's the rest of my info:

Operating system: Windows XP

Security Software: CA anti-virus, standard Windows firewall, Yahoo Anti-Spy

Router model: D-Link DI-524 Modem Model: Westell 6100

ISP: Verizon

Connection type: DSL

Speedtest: DL-175Kb/s UL-104Kb/s

Any help on how to get my portforwarding to work, or what preference settings might help would be appreciated.

Edited: And I put Utorrent as an exception on my Firewall and even on the router Firewall, it says Utorrent is allowed.

And now it just changed to the red circle light.

Hi, You have the Dreaded 2 Router Syndrome.. But there is hope have a look at this Guide on this issue and what to do about it:

http://forum.portforward.com/YaBB.cgi?board=Knowledge;action=display;num=1139203841

You can Skip the part about finding out if your Modem is a router because it is a Combo unit. Just skip to the part about turning your Router into a Switch/Hub/WAP!!

The_Nephilim

Archived