Error: the filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorre

alexbmex

I have had the same download folder for months now, and for about one week, any new files will give me this error message after a few seconds of checking (I even get the download speed going on). Just as a quick note, it all started when I rename a file from the original title to something that was easier for me to recognize (i.e. from something-s02e04.avi to something - episode name.avi). Little help? Thnx

If the file was part of a multi-file torrent, then you should NOT be touching the file's name. If it was from a single-file torrent, then make sure you stop the torrent, right click, advanced, set download location (pick the new filename), and then right-click and force a recheck before starting.

Tried that and still same error. Please note that these are new downloads, no matter what file it is, text, music, video, anything... I have not made any changes to the file name. I just select what I want, start download, there is a quick check and then I get the same error messages, no matter how many times I try or how many different downloads I have

Archived