I just don't get why people use Morpheus or EDonkey.

pulmyfnger

In the computer world things usually have logical explanations.

A year ago a friends told me about Morpheus. I was thrilled to get download speeds of 7, but the torrent would crap out half way through.

Then I got EDonkey and sat on forums chatting about how to 'tweak' to get download speeds of 21!

Then a friend said: "You idiot. Those programs only allow you to access their own torrents. Use Utorrent or Bitcomet and you can access tons of sites with torrents, and download at 250!"

So I did. That was a year ago. I am thrilled. It has been twelve months of Christmas.

This is what defies logic: WHY DO PEOPLE USE MORPHEUS AND EDONKEY????????? WHAT GIVES????

The networks that morpheus and edonkey use are traditional p2p networks. Torrents are not.

The speeds you get on any p2p network are dependent on:

1> The availability of the file you're downloading

2> The speed of your own connection

3> The speed of the connections of the people you're downloading from

4> Wether or not your client can get connections in both directions.

"You idiot. Those programs only allow you to access their own torrents."

Neither program is able to access any torrents without help as far as I know. So this isn't a valid point.

Thanks.

-----------Neither program is able to access any torrents without help as far as I know. So this isn't a valid point.-------------

What kind of help??

The thing I don't get is why people choose to use traditional p2p and download thereby downloading at slow rates, not knowing whether or not the torrent will complete, and having such a limited choice of torrents.

BitTorrent works best with large popular things (recent applications, movies, music albums and games) although more and more older things are being torrented with success. But other P2P networks will still work better with single small files (pictures, music files, tiny applications). And some things you can't find a living torrent for are available on these networks.

Archived