Logo (56kers beware)

ludde

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I definitly see FOOOD's green iJunior as a good one. I for one dislike all the aqua\glass effects to a point. boo's mod to the Simple set are also quite awesome as a simple convaying of the µ :]

I agree with you, I like a lot FOOOD's iJunior set and I don't really like the aqua theme.

Okay, it's not much I know, but here's my first effort..

http://img435.imageshack.us/img435/251/utorrent1is.png It's ~200KB, so I didn't insert it inline.

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/1066/utorrent8ye.jpg Another idea we could work from..

You are not funny..

I go for boo's/determinations icons. (16x16) They are clear and clean, which fits µTorrent extraordinarily well :)

Check this hread for more info.

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=2281

logo doesnt mean application icon. to me that suggests some kind of large banner type image which doesnt neccesarily mean using the icon as part of it.

you might be right but by the way he writes it, I think he suggest an icon for µTorrent program.

Fore example:

"µTorrent needs a logo" = suggest the program needs a icon

"I need a µTorrent logo" = suggest both banner and icon

A logo, people. Not an icon! We're looking for something that will instantly be recognized, like azureus' blue spotted frog (:P), firefox's orange fox around globe, winamp's lightning strike thing, foobar 2000's scary alien-cat, etc. Come on, even mirc has something nicer than a µ in a green circle :(

A logo, people. Not an icon! We're looking for something that will instantly be recognized, like azureus' blue spotted frog (:P), firefox's orange fox around globe, winamp's lightning strike thing, foobar 2000's scary alien-cat, etc. Come on, even mirc has something nicer than a µ in a green circle :(

But all the examples you're citing basically are icons :P Either way, I like the four-box Simple icon :)

EXACTLY.

Be CREATIVE.

I know its not my place to say, but I have to admit I cannot understand some peoples' tastes here in icons/logos. Get past the whole "Utorrent is simple, so we need the simplest, blandest representation for this software." It doesnt have to be like that. I'm working on some creative stuff right now...so ludde, please stand by.

Steve, I like where you're going. Looks like you were trying something similar to what I did a while back with the 3D "µ" w/ a globe in the center.

ok good to know, not everyone chats one the IRC channel ;)

Anyway, I think that micro unit lett "µ" + green color is kind of a logo by it-self,

its like azureus' blue spotted frog and winamps lightning strike ;)

EDIT: @ScubaSteve: streching/bending/turning the µ isn't so much for making it special,

I think we should use a simple µ and add something to it.

Archived