Logo (56kers beware)

ludde

The warrior relates to utorrent as much as a ninja but it gives more personality and uniquness and Shrill has already provided examples for the icons.

I also would recommend that BSH could see what he can do to the warrior with respect to Shrill, as to see what his skills and ideas can bring to this character.

Well if BSH creates a warrior, that might be good but not if he makes an new version of a tribal warrior.

Because as I said earlier, Tribal man is seen a primitive person, which would suggest that µTorrent is primitive if µTorrent had it as a logo.

The ninja looks better in the human form and for me he's much too green. He should have green eyes or something to keep the theme going but a better color suit could make him much better looking. My tastes would say a black suit with red trim and green eyes but most would disagree I'm sure. I do like the idea of having the ninja star as the small icon but wonder what it would look like completed.

hmm, maybe human version is better if BSH used those colors.

Plus I do like the idea with a ninja star as a 16x16 system tray icon :D

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see the warrior as a individual that lives on very little resources, does his job without being told twice, hopefully fast and stealthy, and above all a warrior is dependable. All of those things relate to utorrent. Primitive is not really related to a warrior as we still have them today, especially if you include troops, however a true ninja is probably extinct by now.

definition of warrior - http://www.answers.com/warrior&r=67

revised ninja cat looks pretty awesome, though it might not be a good idea to actually make him mangle lil' azureus frog (hilarious though!) :P the japanese looking µ / rising sun variation is a nice touch too. what i really like about the ninja cat idea in general is that it combines the huggable feeling of a cat with the swift- and stealthness of a ninja (obviously a cat is very suitable for this theme anyhow ;))

A few simpler logos.

simpleutorrentlogoscopy9lz.jpg

front side cat is quite convincing for a first draft, too bad it looks a bit too much like napster

150px-Napster-logo.png

front side cat is quite convincing for a first draft' date=' too bad it looks a bit too much like napster[/quote']

they don't look the same at all, the only common thing with them is that it is a cat head, but the design is totally different. :P

the impression is the same, stylized front side cat head, big almond eyes. the resemblence is there ;)

Because as I said earlier, Tribal man is seen a primitive person, which would suggest that µTorrent is primitive if µTorrent had it as a logo.

That your definition of tribal. In my opinion it is anything but primitive. Most ancient civilizations (even tribes) had a very spiritual culture, honor system, and extensive knowledge of astronomy (not to mention it was recently discovered that a tribe somwhere in Africa knew of the existance of the 10th planet in our solar system more than a thousand years before "modern science").

Tribalist as an attitude emphasizes ethnic identity or pride in a cultural sense, as opposed to folkish ideologies focused on race.

There's no reference to technology of any kind. It's simply a cultural state. So a tribesman can be modern. Our tribal guy shows just that - he is mechanical and tribal.

But I think Im getting way of point here.

@BSH: The latest cat head would look much better for an icon than a ninja star (imo). The frog squeezing part is cool, but the frog is much smaller than your ninja (when in fact azureus is much larger in size, and cpu and ram usage). So how about making the frog bigger and making the ninja ride it? Its just a thought.

sure there is no reference to technology, but all tribes today or atleast to most people knowledge,

live in a primitive lifestyle. Therefore many thinks of a tribal man as primitve plus if I may say so,

the tribal guy logo looks more like a caveman then a tribal man.

About a tribe knowing about the 10th planet thousands of years before us is hardly to believe,

because you can't see the 10th planet with your bare eye. Jupiter (I think it was jupiter),

can in some very rare occasions been seen from earth because of a similar reflection from

the sun as the moon can be seen from earth. But the 10th planet is further away then pluto

which can't be seeen from earth.

And about the ninja squeezing a frog, sure azureus is bloated and takes more reasources,

but I think BSH chose those sizes because they are like that in real life.

And about the ninja squeezing a frog, sure azureus is bloated and takes more reasources,

but I think BSH chose those sizes because they are like that in real life.

well sure, but it's probably not the smartest thing to start a feud with azureus like this right? ;)

Boo had it right. The frog was small b/c of its actual size in relation to a cat..or a human. Our mascot riding "their" mascot would make no sense. If the frog were made that much larger than the ninja, it would then become the center of attention in the image...not good.

Regarding the comparison between the simple cat logo and that of Napster....C'mon. There is clearly not that much resemblance.

I have a feeling that the whole ninja theme will be shot down too, but I'm still working on it. No one likes the idea of the "micro"scope anymore? I know there were several mentions of this earlier on.

The tribal guy should not even be considered if it includes the robotic eye, IMO. I dont think people viewing it for the first time would realize what it is. More like, "What's that around his eye?"

Regarding the comparison between the simple cat logo and that of Napster....C'mon. There is clearly not that much resemblance.

well it's really the first thing that came to mind when i watched it, but ok. i did say i liked it didn't i? ;)

p.s., it also reminded me just a bit of the parucci logo :P

homelogo.gif

/me *ducks*

It's round and it has eyes. That's the only resemblance I can see.

I would not say that the ninja idea will be shot down. At least, I think it's the best one so far, but we'll see what happens of course. Azureus' frog should be removed though. I don't like the idea of a good logo with this effect, since it will make µTorrent an enemy of Azureus and not an alternate. (Green vs. Blue(?)).

I'm still waiting to see some new versions of all logos submitted here, since I find it very hard to decide on a good one when they're all green. Not even the current µTorrent homepage has that green color. My ideas would be the pygmy in a humanoid shape and the ninjacat in a darkgrey color with µTorrent-green (somewhere around 174,219,158 RGB I think) belt and eyes and light-grey eye...shadows(?).

Agree that the cat's head is too reminiscent of Napster with the round stylized sensibility.

Agree with BSH regarding the Tribal Guy's bionic eye...it looks like he's taking a pic with a Kodak instamatic camera.

I also think NinjaCat is better than NinjaGuy for this reason: it's cuter. Don't laugh. Powerful, reliable, fast, etc. are all fine. But call it personality, call it character or call it whimsy, in both the Pygmy and NinjaCat the cuteness factor translates to "accessibility." They both invite you to get closer.

The more technical logos (µ's, microscopes, impressionist torrents) are all, by their nature, more technical, colder. They tend to alienate rather than draw you in. In fact, my note to BSH would be "cuter." The tip on the tail he mentioned, whiskers, more paw-like feet, maybe one claw extended...

I really love the NinjaCat though Pygmy's size in relation to his spear as well as his oversized feet give you the sense of smallness. That's nice for this program. How could we see scale for NinjaKitty?

And would a "µ" on the forehead or chest be too super-heroish? Wait, a headband with a "µ" where the Rising Sun would be... very Ralph Macchio in "Karate Kid"...but if the cat's wearing a hood why would he need a headband?...and can a cat really control a throwing star given that he has no opposable thumbs?

Okay, I appear to have lost my mind.

An awesome example of your skills..!! I hate throwing in a but.. there always is a but.. well nevermind here goes i feel more for the tribal warrior, it has more of a personality! And the name "micro" for him is perfect, dont know if a ninja warrior could be called "micro"!

The tribal warrior could be from a tribe called "micro" and when/if Ludde and CO feels like it they can release more software from the tribe "micro" - µOS, µMessenger, µAmp, µBrowser and so on.. :)

Archived