Logo (56kers beware)

ludde

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@BSH, these are great. I like them all, and really think this can be the 'dynamic' logo for utorrent. As each member in the swarm is unique it doen't make sense to make just 'one' bee/wasp logo. Instead the variaty defines the community feeling. So choosing a random logo really works in my opion. The idea captures the spirit of p2p, as a beehive just like the torrent protocal is an adaptive complex system.

A rescale 16*16 image will not work a shortcu, but that is for later, as this topic is primary about a new Logo design.

Keep up the good work

I agree, crz. As I've said several times before, the 16x16 icon will come later...and ppl shouldnt base their opinions of a design on whether or not it will rescale to 16. A logo needs to be established first...something to represent utorrent. A hive would be an excellent 16x16 icon, IMO. However, for the sake of all those that I just know will mention it, I will do some tweaking to rescale the bee, and see what happens.

Well, that's all from me, in terms of concepts. I'm sticking behind my bee design, as I think it exhibits lots of character and would be easily identifiable for utorrent. This thread could go on for ages with different ideas, and there has been no indication that any design is "more on track" than the others. The input has been almost entirely from the community only, and it hasnt been established that the forum users would decide. I'm just not sure how long Ludde wanted this thread to go on....or when he's last taken a look at it. Basically, I'm saying that the lack of feedback from "the powers that be" along with the length of this thread seeing no near end, is ridiculous. If a design I've done is chosen, I'll gladly tweak it to Ludde's liking. Or, if he wanted to go an entirely new route, and laid out a specific idea to work towards, I'd do that. I will not add my "touches" to another's design, however, as it was mentioned before. That's not what I do. I also wouldnt like for anyone else to mod things I create. A large majority of users here seem to favor designs, that IMO, are clearly by ppl that are new to Photoshop, or havent grasped the functionality of the program. This opinion is also shared by a couple of other members here that understand PS and what a clean design is supposed to look like. I'm not venting here at all...Just saying that you've(Ludde) seen what I can do and what others can do...I think 21 pages is enough. If you decide to have me work on something for this fine app you've given us, great. If not, that's ok too. (I have to admit I'd be shocked to see Shrill's bee design chosen over mine, but we all know opinions vary...and maybe I'm designing for the wrong forum..no offense, Shrill) Anyways, I'm hoping we hear something from Ludde on this subject sometime soon...and this thread will finally close...lol.

Hi.. I read this thread, but I guess what you refer to as "power" just includes me, and I don't really know much about design and stuff.. so I don't really know which logo is more appropriate... I really need someone else to help me with those kind of decisions...

I'm just a programmer, not an all mighty god :P

I should add that I like the bee. I like the middle one more, it looks cuter. My favorite candidates are either the bee or the tribal guy right now. The standard tribal guy looks kinda boring with just a single color, so in that case the bee is on the top.

It would be interesting to see what a total webpage/everything would look like with this bee as the logo and an appropriate theme.

What about this, make a new thread and in this thread there is a preview with the 2 leading logos.

Of course there should be more than the logo,

there should be a 16x16 icon and maybe also a preview of a webpage where you see the logo.

Then people could vote for the one they like (link to a vote page).

People should also post why they voted like they did.

Also mention that for those that has had shrill's logo as a favorite

to give BSH's bee a chance, they might like it better :)

Damn...well that was a fucking long rant... :/

Thanx for noticing. At least I know you read it.

And ludde I hope you didnt think I meant any disrespect. Just wanted to know what your thoughts were.

So from your answer I can conclude that your rant was meant at me? :/

Edit: or perhaps not? In either case, clarify yourself...

Archived