Logo (56kers beware)

ludde

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is still going on huh? I personally like the tribal guy (not monochrome) AND the robot ideas. Perhaps a suggestion, since I lack the skills to create a logo that compares to the others I have seen here.

Perhaps put the tribal guy or robot etc. in the foreground of an image or "artist's creation" showing him looking though really large blades of grass towards a large object. The large object must be distant so the object could fit in the picture also.

Something to that affect would show off the size of the program.

I actually knew all that. I made the icon for myself because utorrent doesnt ship w/ a 48x48.

I have heard the icon rules repeated numerous times across these forums...how are you supposed to distinguish that it is utorrent if it doesnt have the u? And what kind of character are we talking about?

Something that looks good and represents what µTorrent is all about (eg. BSH's bee = "for the swarm"). In case you have forgotten/don't know, Azureus used to have just a Comic Sans A as the logo, but they basically did a similar thing to this (though there was much less debate) and ended up with the frog which by now is quite recognizable. :)

someone please tell me how to put jpg images into these messages.

i have made some really cool pics that i want to post.

Upload your image to ImageShack or some other host, and copy-paste one of the lines they give you into your post. (make sure to Preview your post to see if it works; If not, try a different line)

I didnt read all 27 pages but has anyone thought of the most obvious logo for µTorrent, namely a 'Micro Torrent', or in other words, a cool looking little calf/maverick? I dont have that much experience in doing complex graphics but i think the idea wasnt bad and it would perfectly express what µTorrent stands for, namely being small but yet powerful.

But actually i dont really understand why youd want another logo in the 1st place, IMO the green/white micro sign already IS µTorrents logo, because everyone associates µTorrent with it and its already 'in the heads' of people anyway.

IMO nothing is more unique than the 'µ', but then thats just my humble opinion.:)

@dollar: I thought I told you already that it doesn't belong in this thread? You deleted your previous posting in this thread, and again, posted here (after I deleted my post to you). Again, this isn't to discourage you from contributing, but you're really lacking forum etiquette by (1) not reading through threads to know basic things like the fact that the logo can't contain µ, and (2) cross-posting.

Something that looks good and represents what µTorrent is all about (eg. BSH's bee = "for the swarm"). In case you have forgotten/don't know, Azureus used to have just a Comic Sans A as the logo, but they basically did a similar thing to this (though there was much less debate) and ended up with the frog which by now is quite recognizable. :)

Thats because the frog is an Azureus frog (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dendrobates_azureus). I dont think there is an animal called "uTorrent", hence our dificulties.

● Bees can form a swarm (every torrent consists of a swarm)

● Bees are useful because they make honey as well (BitTorrent is useful because many people help distribute a file together)

● Bees gather among each other and become one huge force if they are being threatened (the BitTorrent community unites to fight against RIAA/MPAA etc. scumbags)

And bees are cool. :cool:

Archived