Logo (56kers beware)

ludde

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i personally wouldnt be bothered if i got mentioned at all if i made a winning design. after all its basically just like saying thankyou for creating such a good program.

i have lots of great ideas but unfortunately im still only just learning photoshop and my skills arent quite upto the standard of my imagination yet :(

in all seriousness, what's in it for the winner? i might get pumped up and throw something together.. i dabble in graphic/logo design..
It would be cool if the winner got a mention in the about box credits...

Of course.

I've an idea that match with the µ and torrent concepts, I will try to post something this afternoon, what about the deadline?

A deadline hasn't been set. The site makeover will proceed to go live without a new logo if a winning logo hasn't been selected on completion. (which will be within the week at best, I've got some other jobs demanding my attention ><)

Got bored and was playing with the Ant concept. came up with a quick idea for an icon, the image shown is only a preview, the proper png and psd are included in the zip ( i included the psd incase anyone wants to play with it and see if they can make the ant stand out more when shrunk to icon sizes,eg 48x48 32x32, 24x24 16x16)

preview.PNG

click image to download zip.

hmm, not a good idea because there is already a p2p program that both the name and logo is ants =

http://antsp2p.sourceforge.net/

Right. The ant idea occurred to me earlier, but I threw it out as soon as I remembered antsP2P.

If it must be an insect, what about the Rhino Beetle? It is the smallest, yet strongest creature on Earth. It can lift & carry 850 times its own weight. Utorrent = small, but powerful. Anyways, that's one of the mascots I've been working on. No other app has used it.

28_15.jpg

hrm.

µTorrent doesn't have enough thought possiblities. Of course it has the "small, micro" ideas from µ, and "many as one, peers, up down" from the Bittorrent concept... there's just nothing else. This should have been thought out before the name was decided :(

I don't know for sure, but it would seem plausible that the Azureus team had the frog idea before they named it Azureus.

Even if we did use some form of wildlife, we'd still be copying Azureus' logo concept. It would also be an obvious attempt at that, since no animal really matches µTorrent's name while remaining easily identifiable as a suitable "brand" logo.

We need something completely original, and as Determination says, it's not really possible now µTorrent already has such a prominent feature in its title... namely the "µ".

What we need is someone to completely redesign an image based around the µ symbol from scratch, rather than just placing it inside a glossy sphere or square. The best candidates I've seen for this so far is MechR's arrow logo, BloodStaindHurricane's minimalist work on page 3, and Huck's square grid. In my opinion, however, none of these submissions are currently polished or professional enough for use at the moment.

I see the µ. Do you? :D

Heh heh...

Surprisingly, I did some more stuff with the shuffle.

utorrentshuffle65aw.th.png utorrentshuffle6flat7by.th.png

Something funny occurred to me while I was playing with it... the long crossed arrows are supposed to look kinda like µ, for the µTorrent client, and the short arrow should look like T, for torrent. This is why I originally had the µ green and the T blue. But when you really look at the picture, it's just the opposite: The long arrows represent the flowing torrent data, while the short arrow is the µTorrent client. The imagery isn't self-consistent... ^_^'

But anyway, I decided to swap the colors so that the "starting" arrow is green, and the flowing torrent data is blue. Seems to make more sense that way.

The flat version kinda loses the µ and T appearance, but I'll just toss it on the pile anyway. (It's actually not the base image I use for the tilted version, btw)

from eveything i've seen i really like the two footprints, pretty original

i also like the BloodStaindHurricane's concept, that'a a neat icon you got in there, care to single it out and create different sizes?

The whole thing would be great as a site header, except since we are talking minimalistic here, i think it would look better at half the height.

Got bored and was playing with the Ant concept. came up with a quick idea for an icon, the image shown is only a preview, the proper png and psd are included in the zip ( i included the psd incase anyone wants to play with it and see if they can make the ant stand out more when shrunk to icon sizes,eg 48x48 32x32, 24x24 16x16)

http://xs56.xs.to/pics/05471/preview.PNG

click image to download zip.

a ant is not possible, why dont you recreate this with a beetle or hornet or whatever, as they are fast. i like your logo...

I don't know if this has been posted earlier or not, I just scimmed the thread but have a look at the definition of torrent @ http://www.answers.com/torrent&r=67

I would think you could combine that with the µ meaning and other P2P concepts like sharing and freedom and you have at least a basic idea of what the icon/logo should represent. Just an idea, good luck to the folks who can actually create this stuff.

i have to agree the footprint idea is unusable. its just not possible to make the icons for it, and personally it looks way to bland for my taste.

its possible ;) =

foot28si.png

and about the logo being bland, do you have any suggestion for improvement ;)

For example this maybe =

footpreview1hd.png

Archived