Logo (56kers beware)

ludde

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My contribution...it's based on an image I found on the Web (since it's impossible for me to draw something like this by hand). The original image was just a draft in black and white. I resized them quite a bit, tweaked it and spiced them up with color. Like Boo said, the problem comes when it needs to be resized to 16x16...but I'm hoping someone knows a solution for that. :)

hummingbirdblue4nh.pnghummingbirdchrome3lv.png

hummingbirdcolorful7fv.pnghummingbirdneon0ba.png

hummingbirdreal4te.pnghummingbirdrealalpha9fy.png

What do y'all think about these pics? :|

"Bland and characterless"? That's what everyone thinks about hummingbirds until THEY'RE ATTACKED BY A FLOCK OF THE AFRICANIZED KILLER VARIETY!!

Bastards are smart, too. About 1,000 of them held me down while one stole my wallet. Used my platinum card to buy new snow tires for his turbo Saab.

No, but serially...

I'd like to see someone suggest a hummingbird with the digital equivalent of just a few brushstrokes. Rough, sorta like the Lucent red "O."

A stroke for the body, another for the proboscis, a few more suggesting the flutter of wings and a splotch of vivid red (or green?) where the throat would be. There. I've done all the HARD work...

edited for typos

I'd like to see someone suggest a hummingbird with the digital equivalent of just a few brushstrokes. Rough, sorta like the Lucent red "O."

A stroke for the body, another for the proboscis, a few more suggesting the flutter of wings and a splotch of vivid red (or green?) where the throat would be. There. I've done all the HARD work...

I'm actually working on something similar to that at the moment.

I think you might have a winner there BSH. I really like the green one. Those are great, if the decision is to use a hummingbird those would have to be chosen. The only problem is the warrior is unique and could easily be recognized as the utorrent mascot, these however might not be unique enough to do so. Either way we have three very good choices now.

Tribal - Simply awesome. :)

Hummingbird - Like the idea, but reminds me a bit too much of the Mozilla Sunbird project...

Red Blood Cell - Looks good in the "about" window, but the tray icon makes me think antivirus or something.

My "I'm a n00b with the Gimp" submission: It looks OK at 16x16 thanks to alphablending, but dosen't quite pop out enough... I probably need to tweak the color a bit or give it some kind of outline.

utorrent3big3gj.png

Archived