Logo (56kers beware)

ludde

Came up with this ninja theme as ninja's are known for being silent and quick...2 things that I thought represented utorrent pretty well. Great speeds and you hardly know its there. But, I remembered someone mentioning a cat as a mascot, so I combined the 2. I also have this in "human" form. It may not be comical, but it at least has character. I was thinking of adding a weapon in his hand, similar to the spear in the tribal guy's hand, but hadnt gotten to it yet.

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/5067/ninjacat3hx.th.jpg

Very nice one but still I like the tribal theme better!

Top 4 are -in my point of view-:

1- Tribal

2- Ninja Cat

3- Aliens

4- Humming Birds

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the same direction as ranking I will also do so. But in two different categories as their are distinct differences in some of the designs.

Best Mascots:

1. Tribal Warrior

2. Ninja Cat

3. Humming Birds

4. Space Alien

Best in relation to uTorrent

1. Ninja Cat

2. Humming Birds

3. Tribal Warrior

4. Space Alien

Sry to have to say it but i dont like the ninja cat. It looks more like an alien to me. Allthough I like all other BSHs designs I still have to go with the tribal guy (I decided to call him Micro). He's tiny, fast (tiny things are always fast) and tribal warriors always work and attack together. But the main reason is that I can already see a good title or banner animation:

storyboard0jy.png

The frog and comet were intentionaly made larger than the tribal guy.

And there you have it: strenght, speed, intelligence, tinyness, and superiority over 2 most popular torrent clients.

Any similarities with other torrent clients were purely intentional :lol:

Thank you.

I just remembered another thing Micro symbolizes - simpleness. Tribal warriors are simple and so is uTorrent cuz it requires no instalation.

EDIT: I've experimented with BSHs logo a bit. The fonts are much more suitable now (at least in my opinion) since theyre more digital looking. But my reconstruction of BSHs background is more pathetic.

logo0bc.png

NinjaCat rocks! One niggling little question, though. The Cat is blue, correct? We see that through the eyeholes of his ninja mask and we also see his blue tail peeking out of his ninja pajamas. At the risk of picking nits...I don't get the blue fingers. Not that there has to BE any real-world equivalency...

xxxLesy: One "l" in "powerful."

And regarding the tribal guy...to me the (overtly) mechanical element makes him look like a photographer. Am I alone?

OK...Here's a "human" version of the ninja theme mascot in sort of an ad mock-up. I can do his suit any color, as someone asked this in an earlier post. Just chose green cuz that's generally been the associated color w/ utorrent in most designs submitted. Possibilities for smaller icons could be his head, as FOOOD mentioned, a unique ninja star, etc...anything dealing with a "ninja" theme.

ninjaadcopy6sn.th.jpg

Pyewacket - Imagine the ninja suit with gloves that cover only 2 fingers. That's the best way I can describe it. The traditional or more popular style ninja suit we see on tv has the strap that underlies the middle finger(s). I just made it more of a half-glove, I guess. The cat was actually supposed to be a soft gray color. I've added other things to it like white tones for the tip of the tail and hands, and also a few spots to give it more of a cat-like appearance...since someone thinks it looked like an alien.(lol...I dont get that, but ok)

I think the cat is better. The human-like one reminds me a bit of the turtle ninjas. Nice thing in his right hand though :D

I was just experimenting with the colors on that cat and came up with something I like better. I'm really sorry for destroying your art BSH, but it's just to get a picture of a color-alternative:

catninja.jpg

OK...Here's a "human" version of the ninja theme mascot in sort of an ad mock-up. I can do his suit any color, as someone asked this in an earlier post. Just chose green cuz that's generally been the associated color w/ utorrent in most designs submitted. Possibilities for smaller icons could be his head, as FOOOD mentioned, a unique ninja star, etc...anything dealing with a "ninja" theme.

http://img448.imageshack.us/img448/4372/ninjaadcopy6sn.th.jpg

Pyewacket - Imagine the ninja suit with gloves that cover only 2 fingers. That's the best way I can describe it. The traditional or more popular style ninja suit we see on tv has the strap that underlies the middle finger(s). I just made it more of a half-glove, I guess. The cat was actually supposed to be a soft gray color. I've added other things to it like white tones for the tip of the tail and hands, and also a few spots to give it more of a cat-like appearance...since someone thinks it looked like an alien.(lol...I dont get that, but ok)

hahahaaha, now that's awesome.

Steve - That's been your reply for like the last 3-4 posts. We get it.

Animorc - I dont mind you playing around with the colors. Gives me more ideas to play with. Thanx.

Thanx for comments all and special thanx to those that offer constructive criticism, even if you dont like this theme. Anything besides "The tribal guy is still best." helps me make any improvements so that maybe the theme will be even better than it is. Still open for other ideas for logos if there are any.

I didnt direct anything to you specifically, icedog...so I'm a little confused by your post. But, I gather from your comment that you're probably between the ages of 12-16 right?

All I asked for was suggestions to improve things...You guys that arent farmiliar with photoshop do not realize the time that is put into some of these designs.

The ninja concept is good, but I'm no so big on the implementations. Put simply, neither ninja really looks like one... They look like they'll completely pwn me in a fight, but they're no ninja -- more like my little brother dressed up in a ninja constume ready to kick my butt :D. I think the main reason for it is that they don't say "sleek" and "shadow-blending" (which are the two adjectives I'd give a ninja). Reduce or darkening the color a bit would help, as would shrinking their heads.

Still going for the tribal dude. At first it dosen't exactly seem obvious why he'd make a good mascot (as Azureus' frog dosen't until you learn that an azureus is exactly what their mascott is! :D), but there have been tons of good insights on how it captures the nature of µTorrent. Furthermore, the art itself mirrors µTorrent's simplicity. The "spiffy" logos (xxxLesy's awesome banner for example) just don't seem to work with µTorrent. The original green-on-white, as bland as it may be, suits the project REALLY well.

Ludde wanted something more colorful, but I don't think we have to bust out a lot more color (or complexity) in a logo -- try keeping it simple BloodStaindHurricane :)

@xxxLesy: AWESOME comic there! Down with Azureus! :)

JigPu

Thanx for the advice JigPu. That's exactly the kind of feedback I wanted.

As for the ninja itself. I tried to make it cartoonish, so the traditional "ninja" you have in mind wasnt a direct inspiration.

I've drawn(pencil/paper/paint) all my life(mostly cartooning/comic book style), so I do tend to automatically express that too much in my designs, I know. Very difficult for me to make up a simple "base" design, and not want to keep adding, and adding, and adding...I just never feel satisfied I guess with simple designs that I do. I'll try to work on that in the future for projects like this.

I liked then ninja cat more, but here is 2 things that you BSH should change/add =

1. add a "ninja" band around the cats head like with the human version

2. the ninja cat should also squeeze a frog like the human version do.

btw, scubasteve, the ninja cat doesn't look anime,

the only thing you maybe can that looks like anime, is the color shading, nothing else.

Except for that he tribal guy is boring, a tribal man is often seen as primitive,

which suggest that µTorrent would be primitive if µTorrent had it as logo.

BSH is starting to make some good designs, but the lack of some examples as to what the icons and such would look like is making the decision harder.

The warrior relates to utorrent as much as a ninja but it gives more personality and uniquness and Shrill has already provided examples for the icons. But that doesn't mean the decision is over because BSH's designs are much more animated and can be inserted into ads and logos alot easier without just being the same old design.

For me the decision would come down to each of the designers giving an example of every different type of image ludde may need so it can be viewed in it's almost completed state rather than a concept.

The ninja looks better in the human form and for me he's much too green. He should have green eyes or something to keep the theme going but a better color suit could make him much better looking. My tastes would say a black suit with red trim and green eyes but most would disagree I'm sure. I do like the idea of having the ninja star as the small icon but wonder what it would look like completed.

I also would recommend that BSH could see what he can do to the warrior with respect to Shrill, as to see what his skills and ideas can bring to this character.

Archived