Logo (56kers beware)

ludde

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still with the original tribal (jeez I sound like a broken record!), though BSH's 2nd red bearded viking is pretty dang awesome too. I'm down with either currently :)

Shrill -- I like the shading of the 2nd of the new set more than the 1st, but the eyes weird me out a bit too much (reminds me of a Jigglypuff and it's huge eyes). I don't know how well shading would work on the 1st, but you might try playing around with them a bit more.

JigPu

I think a bee or wasp could be nice, lets see if anyone could make a nice bee logo :D

Scubasteve, wickedt once suggested the bee, but no one commented on it,

people just started to talk about shrill's logo. So it hasn't been discussed or dismissed ;)

BSH's ninjacat is nice but it could be less complex and more friendly looking. Also the shading on it does not quite fit right. Something between the UT char logo and the current cat one might be good compromise.

Tbh, I don't think the tribal guy and the ninjacat are something that should be chosen as is currently. They're just nice drafts and we need lot more to even begin choosing the theme.

well, since Ludde himself mentioned a bee or wasp, I spent a few hours today trying to come up with something mascot-like, anyway, it's far from done but I did a quick texture/color test on it (one of the great advantages of when doing stuff in 3d), maybe it's a bit to cutesy though, I blame all the christmas disney brainwash these past few days. anyway, here's what I got sofar:

utorrentbee.jpg

@niceguy, nice modeling. Think this has real potential. I like this pre-version more then Shrill's one since it is more professional, less 'flash-like'. And apart from that I like it's clumpsy-ness. Its little belly, the hanging tits, the frendly face. This is a bee that wants to please you. Maybe we could even use the phrase from "pinky and the brain" >

Pinky: Gee, Brain, what are we going to do tonight?

Brain: The same thing we do every night, Pinky. Try to take over the world!

Maybe this bee could wear a t-hirt with this phrase, would be hilarious.

and I don't know if you like it. The "µ" symbol could be used in the 3d model by niceguy, as a 'handgesture'. Kinda the 'µ' sign could be used as some sort of greeting, kinda like a gansta kind of greeting (but then less mean). The pink and indexfinger would be the straight UP, the ring finger straight DOWN but inline with pinky, the middle finder Bend, and the thumb finger moving outwards.

This way the µ would still be present in a 'funny and not so obvious manner.

logo7ns.png

hellow world yeah i know i've been dead for a while. (well being hunted to be more precise) and i'm glad to be back. i'm using my backup computer cause my main one was seized and i had to make scrap from it real quick. so until then i'll be going at half my resources but hey i still got the skillz (see above) i'll keep in touch until i get a new one built.

Archived