Logo (56kers beware)

ludde

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanx for comments. The sad thing is that if I had done him in more of a serious/realistic way, you'd say that he needed to be more cartoonish. The tribal guy didnt have the kiddie-like feel? If it ever had color it would, believe me.

Ludde- appreciate the feedback and I can change the site layout accordingly.

Yes Shrill, why did you stop submitting Tribal guy variations? I think a refined/higher res version of the original Tribal dude would do the trick.

Thanx for comments. The sad thing is that if I had done him in more of a serious/realistic way, you'd say that he needed to be more cartoonish. The tribal guy didnt have the kiddie-like feel? If it ever had color it would, believe me.

Ludde- appreciate the feedback and I can change the site layout accordingly.

Your stuff has that glass, bright colors feeling to it, a bit different from Shrill's style/shades. I do think Shrill's style of work is more suited towards uT, imho.

Keloran - you mean shrill's or the black version I did? Just wondering cuz I've heard 2 ppl already say that they favored my black version.

Here's a pic after playing around w/ the eyes/expressions of the bee a little. I still prefer one of the earlier, versions, even if the eyes are big and creepy. The first one in this pic was done b/c I kept thinking his antennae looked as if he had just flown into something, so it added a lil' humor to him.

http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/3667/funnybees4dq.th.jpg

What do you guys think of the basic site design from a few posts above?

rofl :D

ok ill try to explain. im not sure on the pose the bee is in (even though i tried making a bee in the exact same kind of pose only to giveup as i couldnt think of where to put in enough detail), it seems to be abit to cute n friendly. It also seems abit too glossy. theres no question about your skills with PS as they are very good, maybe a corporate sort of type logo would be more suitable.

I think I understand your review of mine, but I fail to see where Shrill's pulls this off. Because the tribal guy is one color w/ no gloss? I refuse to believe that lack of detail means a more professional image. I think you're focusing on how simple it is, but everyone says for him to add 3D effects/color/etc. The image will change after that.

As for my initial bee pose, I too had second thoughts about it. I changed it, as you can see in my last design, with the arms extended outwards. Adding gloss really brings more life to it, IMO, which is why I use it. Colors look dull w/out adding lighter tones. As for it being too cartoonish/kiddie-like, I was going for what the majority here were asking for. A cute, friendly character.

I think shrill's 3 logos looks boring.

Green tribal guy is only like 2 colors, flat and dark.

gnome style tribal guy, well its the color factor etc there too.

And the bee made by shrill, to dark/to much black,

spikes looks out of place and its sting looks fractured and the bee doesn't have wings.

Happy New Year everyone... :)

Sorry, but I gotten bring it up, BloodStaindHurricane your attitude towards me, my designs and a few others around here seems a little "sour" at times, I'm sure I'm not the only one that's noticed this.

Yes, we have different styles, and yes most of my designs aren't fully polished because I specifically stated that I would develop whichever ones people like the most. Please accept that and the fact that you can't please everyone all of the time - people are bound to like different approaches.

I'm only doing this for my love of µTorrent, and I'm sure you are as well... please don't loose sight of that - believe me I want µTorrent to get the best logo possible - if I see a superior design that I absolutely love and I think suits µTorrent perfectly I'll drop whatever design I'm working on and put my full support behind it :)

You act as if I said something personal about you. I have an opinion like everyone else and I speak it. I know there are differewnt opinions here and I have to listen to plenty of ppl criticize my work everyday. Of course I'm gonna defend it. Sorry if I offended you. I do get carried away defending my designs and I truley do not understand the element yours have that mine don't, which is what frustrates me.

Sorry if I offended you. I do get carried away defending my designs and I truley do not understand the element yours have that mine don't, which is what frustrates me.

I wasn't offended... I was just interpreting your defending of your designs as a negative on mine (since we are the 2 main contributors).

I can't put my finger on it, but if I had a guess I'd say your style has more of a commercial, clean, glossy, vector feel moving in the Mac style of things with the aqua, glass and reflections.

My designs tend to be a mixture of various styles but have a certain 'edge' to them that I like to add that goes beyond the typical. Some of my designs have corporate elements like yours but I have been told there are influences from the 'scene' which come through (the old school scene back in the day, iCE, ACiD etc... not the ASCII stuff though the other artwork etc...). I personally like the original tribal guy just as he is because he IS simple, unique and odd and that's an important part of the design. Good logos can be monotone, and many often are.

But what do I know anyway ;) ... design is so subjective... you can follow formulas but that doesn't mean it will get you there 100% of the time.

Well said.

Let me clarify something. My frustration is not with you personally, or the fact that you contribute designs. My frustration ultimately lies w/ several things....the lack of direction for the new logo, lack of response from anyone that has the final say, and the community's very, very diverse feedback. One day they want this, another day they want that. You could say, "Why listen to them?', but for most of this thread "they" were all that was steering ideas and I was trying to fullfill as many as I could. That's my own fault. I may also be burn-out from PS. UTorrent isnt the only project that I'm currently working on, so I work fast, but spend hours altogether everyday, on several different things. I love it, but I can tell when it takes its toll.

Anyways, whatever is best for utorrent...

Edit: lol I didn't realize it was ignorantcow (not ludde) that BSH was quoting earlier... Ignore this post =P

@BSH: Your designs are still very unique and beautiful, and I'm sure a lot of people do like them (that includes me). I just hope that not getting picked doesn't put your spirits down and make you lose interest in designing for µTorrent -- you're still valuable to the community =]

@Shrill: Congratulations on getting picked. I liked your logo as well, and look forward to seeing it included in µTorrent in the future! =]

Archived