Logo (56kers beware)

ludde

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO, BSH's site design and bees are the shit. :D I love the way he's gone ahead with the "swarm" theme - the hive in the O which could easily be used for program icons, where a bee wouldn't scale down so well, is genius.

While I can see the appeal of Shrill's bee - simpler, and I do think that BSH's is a little too glossy, I have to say that the integration of the hive is what does it for me. :D

Anyway, after the "winner" is chosen, we can still choose our own systray, program icons, etc. :P

well, it suggest that shrills designs are the ones that is chosen,

but the final decision is made ludde, not ignorantcow right?

Correct.

I should probably post up the latest layout attempt. It should hopefully explain some things. http://ignorantcow.net/utorrent2/

Please note that it is not graphically intense (contrary to the layout BSH posted up), hence less appealing to some. The choice of colors are not "flashy and bright", for I think uT suits a more corporate color scheme, soft, pastel colors. I tried to use as _less_ images as possible. This reflects uT's nature: lightweight, small, fast loading. The HTML is completely semantic, and layout is controlled *entirely* by CSS.

I feel any of shrill's work would fit right in. Although, ludde seems to prefer BSH's bees, bright colors- and layout, which I will code if it gets chosen. I disargee with "cute and friendly"- I like professional and serious looking.

Some useless facts.

This is the third coded layout I've done for uT. html/css coding is a very tedious task. There are a TON of cross browser inconsistencies, especially when completely using CSS to style, and avoiding use of tables. I've spent the last two days trying to go around bugs, especially a very annoying one in Gecko/Firefox. (It doesn't round off relative units consistently- producing misaligned "table cells"- in which I've "emulated" a table entirely using three lists, and two containing divs.) Try enlarging text size using IE or Firefox- the layout doesn't break, and expands accordingly. A notable accomplishment, if I do say so myself :P /end rant

nice, I really like the web layout you made ignorantcow :D

Suggestions:

1) 'At A Glance' should be in the first box, 'Announcements' should be in the second box and

'Latest Release' should be in the third box . :)

2) Maybe you should have less space above and under =

"You're probably wondering why everybody is switching to µTorrent."

Btw, maybe BSH can create a non cute version of his bee with less gloss/brightness. :)

Ignorantcow: you're doing a kick-ass job with the website, so don't let anyone slam you down (I've got your back on that). :cool: I'll also have to agree with you on the "professional and serious" look, it's more suitable to a BitTorrent client like µTorrent...IMHO of course. Keep up the good work! :)

ignorantcow: As usual I can't keep my hands off of other's work, but with the lack of contrast on my monitor, I can hardly see the different colors in the menu.

These colors are very similar to the original ones, but makes the page look clearer from my view at least:

div#navi { background: #dfefd7; }div#navi ul li span { background: #d4e4d1; }div#navi ul li a:hover { background: #e8f8e6; text-decoration: underline; }

Edit: I forgot to say Great job :D

ignorantcow: As usual I can't keep my hands off of other's work, but with the lack of contrast on my monitor, I can hardly see the different colors in the menu.

If your monitor is bad, are you sure you should complain..

I like the colors. A little blocky layout though. :P

Miffo: some people are color blind, and someone on this board is having trouble specifically with the color green, thus it's important that contrast is as high as possible. :)

Ignorantcow: maybe a secondary .css file might be in order to make just the font colors more legible for those who can't see very well. It could be made clickable and the change is virtually instantaneous.

Archived