Feature Request Index page with Voting

NiteShdw

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Yea.. But it was good as reference to the forum. You got a good overview to check without searching the forum. Also you usually get the request described in one sentence, which also save a lot of time.

Hope the database is still intact, I would gladly host it on my server.

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, it's back... Thanks NiteShdw :) What would be great is if the page got some form of organization by categories or something, as things got (IMHO) pretty unmanageable in the list. In terms of design, perhaps some more whitespace should be used, as things looked very cramped (even a simple change to the cell paddings might do fine :P).

*Restickified*

NiteShdw: I see you suddenly woke up... how come?

I suggest these categories:

* User interface / GUI

* Network

* Advanced options/features

* Lightweight features/tweaks

* Implemented features

Also consider removig: "Unlikely to be implemented" since there is new developers.

Also you can update the "Implemented" status for features that have been added.

Also remove all feature request that has been trashed and locked since you cant discuss them anymore.

Also fix so you can't direct link to vote yes/no.

Auto recheck on completion is SORELY needed. Whenever my networked drive is disconnected (Either by accident on rebooting without stopping uTorrent or by a system crash) uTorrent completes torrents with corrupted parts and I am forced to do a manual recheck. This is not a hardware issue per se. I have tried it on other networked drives on different PC's and it always does it. So anyone throwing around hardware/drivers as being the problem is fooling themselves in this respect.

Well even if it is my hardware having an 'option' I can click on that performs a filehash before moving to another folder would be of great use rather than having to manually force a recheck of every file after it's downloaded.

• 1 month later...

russboss (from prev thread), your request is an interesting one, but I would modify it with the option to disable the sync feature as this seems unnecessary and counterintuitive if your goal is to increase performance, assuming you have enough bandwidth (like 1/2 megabytes/sec each way), 1/2 gigs of 3200/4200 ddr2 ram and a decent dual/quad core processor then disk cache and rpm might be a problem for you. I suggest a hybrid hard drive (with a gig of cache), or just setting it to move completed files to the second drive so it will seed from one and dl from the system drive. however your feature would work better if dling to the storage/secondary drive and seeding from the system drive if you're doing more dling than uling.

Replies to several:

Also fix so you can't direct link to vote yes/no.

Oh no you don't; leave that alone. The whole purpose of such a thing is to enable people to vote. The consensus majority of people inclined to vote may be and often is wrong (i.e., *cough* Wikipedia *cough*), but making it easy to vote at least enables developers to note which issues people are most concerned with.

Auto recheck on completion is SORELY needed.

It's your hardware. I torrented HUNDREDS of gigabytes onto a network drive at home and not a single byte ever was corrupted.

I'm with the first guy; it's needed (if not necessarily "SORELY"). I've encountered corrupted blocks for reasons that have nothing to do with network drives crashing (and even then, what's not to like about a software which helps a user get the most from marginal hardware?). At the very least, there should be an advanced settings flag.

Archived