i need help

sweet515

There are far more other settings BESIDES just raw upload and download speeds.

This is why we recommend running Speed Guide (CTRL+G) and choosing the closest setting to your UPLOAD speed max.

...But for what it's worth, your connection may not be ABLE to upload at 50 KiloBYTES/sec.

Mine can't, and it's faster than many.

yeah i understand that ive lowered the upload speed and it was still doing it so i dont think it was an upload issue the last time i checked my speed it was like 4000 down and 300 up im not real smart about all the speeds and stuff like that so yeah yer helping me and i really appreciate it

yes i am running on a router. and it is a linksys BEFSR41 if you needed the model number. max global connections is set to 100 max number of connected peers is 50

and i must say that i don't know much about setting these programs up ive used utorrent before but i had to send my computer out to service and before i did that utorrent worked fine til i got my computer back.... i do have my ports forwarded.. anything else that ya need to know just let me know like i said im not so good with setting programs up

thank you for your time

sweet515 says: "last time i checked my speed it was like 4000 down and 300 up"

That's in kilobits/sec, download+upload speeds in µTorrent are in KiloBYTES/sec -- roughly 10 times as large.

So 300 kilobits/sec upload bandwidth is lucky to reach 30-35 KiloBYTES/sec upload speed in µTorrent. ...and you probably won't be able to sustain that smoothly, plus web surfing will be laggy while doing it.

yeah i know that everything is going is lag and i also know that its in kB/s i mean what im asking is why is it im being kicked off my internet everytime i open the program and it has never done this before and im using the same settings i did before

If you use a ADSL connection make sure that "Use passive FTP" option is activated!(in Internet Explorer -> Internet Options -> Advanced.)

If this option is not active you can't use utorrent and Internet Explorer at the same time(or other aplications). I had the same problem!

see the thing is with what phillips said umm yeah im not running anything at all when i open utorrent so yeah thats not my problem and umm yeah whatever he was talking about ADSL i dont use that i have Comcast Cable Internet Services and so far til now ive had no problems with them

sweet515, did you try reducing total connections below 60?

Did you try reducing half open connection limit in µTorrent first to 4 and then down all the way to 1 if problems still occur?

Did you disable Resolve IPs in the Peers window?

Have you disabled DHT and UPnP in µTorrent? (...and DON'T forward UDP packets on your router if you do!)

Archived