WRT54GL disconnection problems

FordPrefect

Setup:

I have a WRT54GL with DD-WRT v23 SP2 loaded on it. I connect my computer to it with a D-Link AirPlus Xtreme G DWL-G132 wireless adapter. I use WPA pre-shared key for security (I live in a rural area so I don't really need strong security).

Problem:

Whenever I start downloading with uTorrent it disconnects my wirelessly connected computer after about 1-3 hours. Computers that are connected directly by ethernet are unaffected and have uninterrupted internet. The only way I can reconnect my wireless computer is to unplug the adapter for a few seconds and plug it back in. Disabling/enabling it in windows doesn't do anything. Sometimes that won't work and I have to reboot the router itself.

Failed attempts to fix:

-I tried Solutions 1 and 4 here (2-3 don't apply)

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Router_Slowdown

-Disabled DHT in uTorrent.

-Disabled UPnP in uTorrent

-Installed max halfopens patch for windows

-Set speedguide in uTorrent to 768k (which is what the speed test said I was rated for) and set max active torrents to 1 and max active downloads to 1.

Any ideas how I can make it work right? Thanks.

-FordPrefect

DD-WRT sucks. I tried it on my WRT54GL, and got disconnection problems after trying a LOT of different configurations. Tomato worked properly immediately after install, so try that one (or Thibor's HyperWRT, which is supposed to be good as well).

Archived