Forwarding a port through the external IP address

Firagun Raive

Welcome to the µTorrent Port Checker.

A test will be performed on your computer to check if the specified port is opened.

Checking port 33050 on 74.166.255.249...

Error! Port 33050 does not appear to be open.

Please see www.portforward.com for more information about how to map a port.

Please make absolutely sure that PeerGuardian2 or Protowall is allowing utorrent.com (72.20.34.145) in either of those programs. Those of you using ipfilter.dat should make sure the list does not include the website's IP. After making sure of this, re-run this test by refreshing the page (F5).

I've deactivated UPnP, and DHT. I've taken care of forwarding the port through my static IP on my router and

have excluded it from my firewalls. Though using uTorrent, there are still issues and my red light stays, the IP address mentioned in my error is the external IP address.

I'm wondering how to deal with this. The router I use is a Linksys WRT300N and I connect to it wirelessly througha Linksys Wireless-N USB Network Adapter,

model WUSB300N.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

SenorBubbz, It is NOT impossible to Port Forward thru a wireless connection where did you hear that???

Firagun, what is the make and model of your Modem?? Also did you set the Static IP Outside the range of the DHCP?? Have a look at this guide on How to Choose a Static IP:

http://forum.portforward.com/YaBB.cgi?board=Knowledge;action=display;num=1116577357

-The_Nephilim

• 2 weeks later...

I am having a similar problem and can't seem to find a reliable solution. I am using a LinkSys WRT350N Router. I cable internet through Comcast and have a Motorola SB5120 Cable Modem.

I have everything setup properly according to all the info I can find...

=uTorrent has the correct port number to use

=the router is giving a local static IP to my computer

=Windows is configured for the same static IP that is issued from the router

=the router has the port forwarded to my local static IP

However, when I use the uTorrent Port Checker, it shows my external IP and says that the port is not open.

I don't understand what more I need to do here. I don't have Double NAT because in the router's Status page I see my external IP of 76.104.xxx.xxx and not some other locally assigned IP.

Is there some problem with the router that I am not aware of? Is there some new setting that I am missing? I am tearing my hair out. Please help!!

Hi, Did you assign a Static IP on your computer Outside the range of the DHCP?? Look for the DHCP in the Routers menu and Find the Start and End IP of the DHCP, Make sure your Static IP is NOT witin those IP's.

Take a look at this Guide on How to Choose a Static IP and how to Set one up:

http://forum.portforward.com/YaBB.cgi?board=Knowledge;action=display;num=1116577357

Also have a look at this guide on your Modem:

http://forum.portforward.com/YaBB.cgi?board=Knowledge;action=display;num=1139203595

Also have a look at the Guide for your Router and uTorrent to see if you have Port Forwarding setup Properly which I beleive you do Not:

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm

The_Nephilim

I have followed all of the guides. I did so before posting here.

The DHCP range set on my router is 192.168.1.100-149 and the static IP I have for my computer is 192.168.1.45. I know how to set this up and have done so correctly. (I am employed as a software build/install engineer so I am quite computer-literate...which is why this stumps me so much.)

I know I have everything set right according to all the info I have been able to find and yet it still isn't working.

Archived