Directory change resulting in data loss.

Deiz

I'm not sure if this is uTorrent related, however, it's a rather annoying problem I'm having.

My operating HDD is failing so I've installed a third back-up drive. When I migrate torrent data from my operating HDD to my back-up, and then proceed to change the download directory in uTorrent, (After cycling the torrent so it believes all data is gone, and thus moves back into the download queue,) it seems to go without a hitch.

However, once I've re-checked the data, it very rarely gets to 100% and goes back into the complete list.. More often, it says it's missing several pieces on the edges of large files, and entirely missing small files that are 1 piece.

Any suggestions?

Thing is, if I re-check a torrent in its original folder, it's always 100%.

If it's moved, it drops to 98-99%.

I think it may be a problem with uTorrent, but I really can't be sure.

For example, two friends of mine compose music in their spare time so they send me one of their EPs, and it's been sliced up, thus there's a .CUE, but when I go back to seeding the torrent after moving it, it says the .CUE isn't there - 0% complete.

This sounds like MP3 corruption caused by MP3 tags getting auto-edited by some media player. Since the MP3 tag for a MP3 and even a MPG or AVI file are very near the end of the file, both the last piece of the file and first piece of the next file fail to match the hashcode for that piece and are considered 'missing' or damaged.

Archived