ultra fast download

boanerges

the torrent gods smiled on me today. my dl rates are usually 100kB/s to 300kB/s. anything over 128kB/s i consider decent cause it should`nt take longer to dl a movie than it take to watch it. anyway i was blowen away today when i seen a file coming down at close to 600kB/s, 586kB/s to be exact with an avg. speed of 435kB/s, it took a 701MB file less than 30 mins to download!!! i could hardly be happier. i think this is in part due to i upgraded my isp to turbo which is 8Mb down and 512kb up this translates to 1000kB down and 64kB up theoreticly. i would like to connect to the right seeds with the right bandwidth to test this theory. the only problem is consistency with seeds and peers logging on and off changing all the variables involved. but as i said earlier as long as i dl over 128kB/s i can`t really complain. also if good upload speed helps with your dl speed, why is it when i limit overall ul speed to between 15 to 25kB/s my dl speed goes way up? this seems counter-intuitive.does anybody have any insight? other than that i just wanted to brag about my first 500+kB/s dl and mabey find out how to make this happen more often. much mahalos and viva la seeders!!

switeck i don`t want to sound dense but let me get this right, you say 50kB/s alt. ul because the formula is 0.8 x your ul speed. mine is 0.8 x 64 = 51.2 round it out to 50 and it won`t interfere with general internet surfing. right? but i still don`t understand why when dl-ing and you cut the ul speed to between 15 & 25kB/s your dl speed increases. mabey i`am to old for all this high-tech stuff. when i graduated from collage it was with paper & pencil. computers were considered cheating. and the only people who used them were the govenment, the military, ibm and some geek in the south bay named "wozniak". boy!! how things have changed. that was yester-century, this is the future we`ve been waiting for. where ideas and information can be exchanged freely and openly, on a global scale, without some commie socio-facist trying to edit, censor and control who, what and how we communate. these are our right`s as americans and as world citizens and i just want to do my part in this grand experiment of democracy & liberty!! your patience & guidence is apperaciated for this tecno rookie newbie. much mahalos & viva la seeders

Archived