Slow download, steady uploads

Rhamhoy

Ok my torrent speeds are sluggish as hell can't understand why. I am with TalkTalk, but my upload speeds are steady at 35 40k/b yet my downloads speeds are very inconsistent, for a while they were stuck at 1.5k/b and now they peak around 60k/b. One thing i've noticed is that there are alot of peers, at first I could only connect to 1 a torrent, and now it seems I can connect to 4 at the very most which would probably explain the slightly increased speeds. I'm running WinXP SP2 with Sygate Firewall, Nod32, AVG Free edition, Spyware Doctor and I have a Dlink G624T. I've tried many of the options in the tutorials but i'm having no luck. Is my ISP definitely interfering or does anyone have anyother ideas? I've never been in this situation but I find the idea of steady uploads unusual and peaks of 60k/b if I was being limited, I thought they might cut out altogether. Two speed tests below

144146230.png

I'm in Northern Ireland so I assume that might explain why this speed makes my connection seem so much faster

2638.png

Oh believe me mate i've tried that, but i'm still getting stupid download speeds i've tried switching port 3 times. Before I could get speeds of up to 270k/b at best but normally 215k/b average at the moment i'm currently stuck between 13-17k/b.

Archived