Error: Unable to save the resume file. Solution???

Torro

same here, exactly! only success i've had upgrading from 1.6.1 to 1.7.5

is the error popup doesn't appear anymore. instead it appears repeatedly in utorrent's logger.

i've used utorrent for quite some time now and never experienced this.

any ideas on a fix, pls? thanx to all.

Hello all---Long time user, first time poster. I'm having the same issues. I've added all uTorrent files to the exceptions list for real time scanning. So far, so good. Only been about 2 hours though. If anybody has the "this will definitely fix it" solution, please pass it on. Thanks.

Well hello, and welcome.

Depending upon your OS, security settings, running applications, and method-of-running-uT it could be many things. If following this thread didn't help feel free to open your own thread and describe your problem as you understand it :D

Edit:

Also for any previous users still with this problem, be sure you're not running another uT instance (with /recover) from the same directory. Sure a 30 second window for saving resume.dat may not sem like a problem, but iterate that over 12 hours or 2 days and the variations in saving will eventually cause the two instances to try to lock the file handle at the same time.

Also checking the forum with search terms for your OS version and various keywords and locating relevant topics can help expedite any solution. The more relevant information you can give about your understanding of the problem helps others relate-to and go through the methodology of attempting to fix it.

Thanks for the welcome jewelisheaven. I guess some info. would have been nice:) I'm running XP SP2 with BitDefender AV 2008. That seems to be the offending program. One thing I noticed was that the file that held uT.exe had a crapload of files in it (resume.dat,settings.dat) that were never there before. Usually these were in the %appdata% file. So I just totally wiped uT from my computer (registry too) and started over. We'll see what happens. I'll also poke around the forums some and see what I can discover. Thx. for the tips.

Erm... the only registry key uT adds is the file association for .torrent files.

As for BitDefender, yep, http://utorrent.com/faq.php mentions many programs found to cause problems when installed. Most include indexing or "active" scanning of files for changes.

As for the help, sure that's what this place is for. I hope the problem goes away :D

• 1 month later...

okay

I have no idea if this forum is dead or not.

and I'm just a newbie so please forgive me of I break any rules

I apparently got the same problem when the power got tripped and the computer was accidentlally cut off

I fixed it by creating a resume.dat in the same file as utorrent.exe is present. and it worked fine

Now, I tried deleting the previous resume file.

and it says:

"File or directory is corrupt or unreadable"

I have a feeling the hard disk may have been affected or something

absolutely no clue how the heck do i remove it? cause I'm a little worried the next time I try installing XP on that partition, it might go nuts while formatting.

please please PLEASE help

• 2 months later...

Archived