tracker status starts at green then turns red after 30-60 minutes

elbob

this happened suddenly a couple of days ago.

whenever i start utorrent, all torrents go green or blue. tracker status is online and everything works fine. after awhile, torrents go red and tracker status becomes offline. restarting utorrent again "resets" the torrents back to green and blue, only to change again after awhile.

my port is forwarded, working fine according to utorrent's test.

not sure if these options help understand the problem, but:

DHT off, UPnP port mapping off, add utorrent to firewall on, but firewall off.

router is linksys and ip address is enabled, port is forwarded.

one note: the general internet seems to be slower on the problem computer, yet on another networked computer, internet speed is lots faster. so if not a utorrent setting, could it be a computer setting?

any input is greatly appreciated. thanks!

I am having pretty much the same issue but all my torrents start good then the tracker status says "offline (timed out)" after the tracker updates but then occasionally they go back to green for about 10 minutes then back to red. My half open is set to 100, Windows XP SP2, no firewall running. Any help is greatly appreciated.

JudoFreak, do you mean Windows XP's max half open is set to 100, or µTorrent's half open limit is set to 100?

µTorrent's half open limit should never be more than 80% of Window's max, nor is it safe with most networking software or hardware to set it much above the default of 8.

I've just registered to ask the same question !!

When I open µtorrent, everything works fine for about 2 hours and then suddenly all the trackers are timed out. I restart µtorrent and it gets back to normal for another 2 hours and it starts all over again. I've been using µtorrent for a while now and I've never had this problem before. I uninstalled it and downloaded it again, the latest version this time, same strange problem.

Firewall is off ... what could it be ??

Any help would be appreciated, thx.

PS:Hi everyone and pardon my english, I'm French .... well, nobody's perfect right :P

Archived