uTorrent for Mac is Coming: An Early Review

Ooble

You open a .torrent file with µTorrent+Darwine, then confirm the addition of the torrent, and let it go. Assuming everything is set up properly, "it just works," and the file eventually finishes. If you're referring to "I don't need to set anything up and it just works," then that wouldn't happen even with a native port, since BitTorrent might be touchy about settings (bit it isn't that hard to set things up either; just follow the Speed Guide properly).

This is just a stop-gap solution until a native port gets out the door anyway.

As far as I know darwine hasn't been updated for a while. Is the project still alive or the dev team moved to Cross Over Mac?

I know it's not really uTorrent related question but I don't feel like installing somethin which is not updated any more.

Ultima, I'm not afraid of setting up apps as I'm a recent PC to Mac Switcher, I was just sain that installing third party apps to run UTorrent isn't "it just works" experience :)

uTorrent is a 3rd party app to start with. So it doesnt fall under Apple's "Just Works" advertisement ^^

And I've been compiling updates to Darwine based on the Wine source tree for awhile. If you read the post by Firon a few posts back, you'd have seen the download link.

Though the Wine/Crossover team is separate from the Darwine team. And Wine/Crossover is still actively developed.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived