Utorrent worked until service pack 2..

hoodsup

(my router is a linksys WRT54Gv4) i ran xp pro (without sp2) with no problems what so ever, for well over a year, then i had to format and installed sp2 and now i can't get connectable. i download fine it's my upload speed that suffers. all settings are correct and port is open in everything i need to open. firewall and router unless i'm missing something.?

4pbzcle.gif

i'm not a n00b but i'm not exactly advanced i read through FOR ALL LINKSYS WRT54G/GL/GS USERS WITH PROBLEMS and the FAQ and the suggested fix was to upgrade my firmware with a third party software and i'm not sure i'm up to that task because if it doesn't work or messes something up i wouldn't know how to fix it and besides like i mentioned Utorrent ran perfect before service pack 2 was introduced to my pc and my machine was all the time connectable so i'm not 100% convinced it's my router yet, i did open connections and i upgraded firmware with an upgrade from linksys and while i'm still not connectable i did notice a little boost in my upload speed. i guess what i'm looking for is an easy fix but i have had this router for a while and if there's no easy fix i would appreciate any suggestions on a new router with wireless. anyway, Thanks for any help and/or suggestions

p.s. Utorrent has been the best torrent client i have come across so Thanks for all the hard work.!

Ultima, yes i did and Switeck, yes. i'm sure my problem is a combination of my router and service pack 2 i'm using the same version of utorrent i used before the format so i am 100% sure it's not utorrents falt, that's the only thing i am sure of, if all else fails i will format again without sp2 i really don't know what to try at this point so i'm gonna try a new router maybe. thanks for the input

i have come to the conclusion that it is my router And service pack 2 because all my settings are correct, port is open in all settings, firewall is disabled (also tried it enabled but with utorrent port in exceptions) half open connections are open i will reply again once i find a router i need and once again if anyone has any suggestions for one preferably with wireless it'll be appreciated. thanks for all the help so far and thanks again for all the hard work with utorrent it's such a great app and very appreciated.

***Update 7/21/07***

ok, after all this time i finally talked myself into trying the suggested fix "HyperWRT Thibor Firmware Upgrade" and i still can't get an open port so i am convinced it's Service Pack 2's falt. i know this isn't the place but could anyone point me in the direction to get rid of Service Pack 2 if this is even possible.? anyway, Thanks for everyones input.

Archived