µTorrent 1.7 Release Candidate 6 (build 3295)

Firon

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was running the 1.7 beta, previous version, and it was ok, open ports and such, when I clicked on YES to update to this new one it stopped working, I mean, now NO ports can be used, I entered no WINDOWS VISTA advanced firewall, put on oncomming and outcomming, put the port I used to use since 1.5, updated my kaspersky options and no way to make ANY ports open. I do not use a router, I use motorola surfboard. Anyone have any clue? I tryed ALL tutorials posted on this forums, put an static IP on my machine, removed static IP, returned to 1.6, 1.7 beta, all crazy and experimental stuff (thanks restoration point, I love you), now I am torrentless :(

Remove and readd the firewall rules?

@SacredCultivator: It would behave exactly as bt.limit_local_peers does now, meaning "checked" = "true" and "unchecked" = "false". So yes, if you want upload rate limiting to not look like it's broken, "checed" would be what you want.

I noticed that during seeding some torrents would wildly fluctuate in seeding speeds. I examined the torrents closer and found that this was due to some peers connecting and disconnect every few minutes. To try and figure out what was going on, I turned on peer traffic logging and found these:

[23:14:18] x.x.x.x : [libTorrent/0.11.0.1]: Disconnect: Peer error: Error 10022

[23:11:56] x.x.x.x : [µTorrent 1.6.1 ]: Disconnect: Peer error: Error 10022

These were being repeated every few minutes. I'm using 1.7 RC2 under wine. I don't think I've noticed this behaviour before, it could all be on my end. Just wondering if this was related to the new beta.

nopz, I started from scratch, removed all files, all registry on regedit, installed again, put on firewall again, no lucky. The only ports it allows is 6881-6889, but the torrents (most trackers, no tracker problem) still "time out", and on the red icon/yellow icon/green icon appears no icon at all, no matter if the port is on or off... And I already tried another client, no lucky either. My my...

Not our fault. It joins the multicast network and does a broadcast to find peers. If your router prevents it from going far, that's your issue.

Fair enough, but I'll ask once again: please give us the detailed specs of this :(

I am in LAN but have a router at home, I have and an access to it, and I can configure it, but don't have a slightest idea WHAT'S NEED TO BE DONE :(

Ehm, care to explain what you're looking for (and why) a bit more clearly...?

@SacredCultivator: It really doesn't matter, as µTorrent still doesn't disobey the upload rate limit for WAN IPs, where upload rates actually matters.

Ultima, all I need to know what do I have to forward on my router to make it 'transparent' for any transmision used for local peer discovery/comunication (think about port forwarding analogy). I suspect it could be done but without obtaining protocol details from the developers I'm helpless :(

I just bought a gigabyte M55S-S3 motherboard and installed the driver it came with

My ram space is normal (NOTE:I got 3GB RAM, Dont know if it matters)

===============================

Software Version

Description: ActiveArmor

Path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\nvtcp.sys

Component Version: 55.21

Description: Networking driver

Path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers

Component Version: 55.21

Description: Network Access Manager

Path: G:\PROGRA~1\NVIDIA~1\NETWOR~1\

Component Version: 55.23

@kurahashi: Are you having some troubles with it? It already is (or at least, should be) transparent as is :o Local Peer Discovery uses multicast, which the router should allow. The other way it determines peers to be local is by IP address. If it's within your local subnet (might have to be RFC1918 -- I'm not 100% sure about this one), then it's considered local, and µTorrent just won't limit the peer (again, nothing for you to do on your part, and nothing to do in the router).

I'm just curious about local IP discovery. Ultima said it only considers local subnet (probably). But I have large LAN (I think) with 1 Gbit/s connection to some subnets. The IP addresses which I download from with 100 Mbit/s max speed are like: 10.0.43.11, 10.0.88.11, 10.0.36.9, 10.32.5.33, and 84.234.44.49 (and similar, that has an external IP) which is in fact local. These all IPs are from local DC hub. I also have connection to IPs addresses from other subnets like: 10.64.33.24, 10.64.0.25, by looking at their transfers I see they're still local. Is that mechanism so intelligent to detect these? I never saw a transfer from local IP in uTorrent.

Local Peer Discovery doesn't only look at IP, it uses multicast to... do stuff and find local peers. µTorrent uses multiple methods of determining when a peer is considered "local," IP-based being one, Local Peer Discovery (multicast) being another.

Is the method smart enough? I'm not sure, as I haven't tried it myself :/

Ok this version crashes/closes when I try to add a new torrent... :( (the torrent file loads fine on 1.6.1 so it's not the file)

If there is any other information I may give to you just ask.

ps: didn't have time to read through the entire topic sorry if reported already...

@ultima - maybe I didn't make myself clear enough.

Once again - I'm in LAN. Every user of it got one public IP. Me too. But my public IP is used by my router, which is doing NAT for my own, personal mini-network using private addressing space.

So, do you want to tell me utorrent will be smart enough to find and categorize all users of my real 'outer' LAN as local, or only it will do it in my small private 'inner' LAN area?

Because personaly I suspect the latter - unless I don't reconfigure my router (which is doing the NAT). But to reconfigure it, I need to know exactly what to do.

Archived