uTorrent 1.7 rc2 (2999) - still auto recheck after moving

arrest

Hello!

In last stable version 1.6.1 after stopping torrent, then moving files to another location and then starting the torrent, uTorrent didnt recheck files, it just continued seeding.

Now even with latest rc2 it forcibly rechecks files. Why is that so ?

Thanks!

--- 2007-04-30: Version 1.7 (build 1549)

- Change: Don't force an immediate recheck when download path changes, check on next start

As soon as you start the torrent after you move it, µTorrent checks it. Why? To make sure the data is uncorrupted. It's not a bug. I can understand how annoying it is, though :P

Well, yes its quite annoying :)

I was used to moving 8GB files to another physical disc and seeding from there. Now it takes lots of time and resources to recheck them, and NOT ONE TIME this recheck found an error for me. I really dont believe that data corruption in this way is so common. If system corrupts files while moving them among partitions, then there are serious problems with it.

Just a suggestion - maybe it could be possible to allow users to turn off auto recheck ? Default value could be ON, with possibility to turn OFF among advanced options..

edit: Just discovered another annoyance - the same new forced recheck happens even when files are not moved. i tried stopping torrent, renaming root directory of the torrent, and then when i start torrent again - it rechecks files.. is that really necessary ?

Archived