Append !ut to incomplete files bug

WebSurfer80

Hi,

i was downloading a Multi-file torrent, the "Append !ut to incomplete files" option was disabled. After a while when some of the files were complete, i decided to turn it on. uTorrent appended !ut to all the files, not just the incomplete ones, which lead to uTorrent giving me the "File not Found" Error. i had to do a Force Recheck to force uTorrent to remove the !ut from completed files.

Just wanted you to know about this bug :).

and cheers on the great job...

Has anyone else run into this problem? I did a simple test with a movie file + txt file, and couldn't duplicate the issue after the txt file was completed. Does this always occur? Are there any other non-default settings you are using (outside of connection stuff)?

I can't reproduce it, and I tested using 3 multi-file torrents, each with several files complete. The !ut extension was correctly added only to the incomplete files when I enabled the relevant option, and it was correctly removed after disabling it.

here are my current settings, i'll try to reproduce it and post back...

1.jpg

2.jpg

Edit:

I couldn't reproduce it again. when i first got the problem, i was using the (2951) build, then tried it again after updating to (2999) on the same torrent, and it happened again.

i tried it now on a different torrent, and it didn't happen.... weird.

Archived