WebUI Hosting

Wibumba

I recently downloaded the WebUI and I find that it's quite the handy tool. I made something similar (but not quite as elaborate) with Azureus. The program I made relayed torrent info from the program to a webpage I run on my server (wibumbamusic.com). What I was thinking of doing is creating an add-on that just relays the info to my web server and in return I would create a site/WebUI mod.

The user would just download the program, log in and it would stay on the system tray. The user could then (from any computer), log in to my site and view their WebUI.

I thought this might save people the trouble of hosting it themselves. Tell me if any of you guys would be interested, it could be made relatively soon, I just need to know if it would be of any use so I don't waste any time.

The µtorrent part of the webui can be queried from any language (this includes php) that supports making http connections with custom headers (or supports the authentication header).

Why write anything extra that makes µtorrent send information if that information can be requested from µtorrent right now?

• 5 weeks later...

It would interest me how I can host the Web UI on my Web server.

The fact is, it's running Red Hat so I can't install uTorrent on it. Neither have I got the rights to Install any Software like Wine to emulate it. I really would like to have a Web UI on my Web server, so when I'm at work I can Control uTorrent that is running on my local machine at home, over my Web server.

You mentioned that it is possible using Code in the header files of PHP, but what would this be called. A redirect? or a Post? I'm kind of stuck and don't know what to look for since I'm not that of an expert in PHP to know such a thing from my head. Any hint would truly help me further...

Archived