Torrent issues with USR9106

Gothnak

Good Afternoon.

Until a month ago, i had an XP SP2 PC with a USR9106 router that worked fine with everything except torrent files (Using any software, utorrent, azureus etc). It would connect fine, and then a few mins in, would dump my internet connection.

Fortunately, i had a dusty old BT Voyager USB modem in a cupboard, and therefore whenever i wanted to torrent, i'd plug that in, and my torrents would work fine.

However, sad news, my PC died recently, so i upgraded to a sparkling new Vista PC with all the extra gubbins. Everything is great, except my old USB modem is now incompatible, and the USR9106 does exactly the same thing with my new PC, i.e. start downloading for about a minute and then cuts the internet connection entirely.

Now i have tried lowering connections, and i have just tried the net.max_halfopen to 4, but as yet no luck.

I get a nice green icon saying everything is forwarded just fine.

Has anyone got a USR9106 working, or is it one of the 'weak' modems?

If so, i can get a new one however much it pains me, but i'd REALLY want to make sure i get one that'll actually work with torrents, so what are the best (without costing too much :-))

Thanks,

Mike.....

Actually, so far, that seems to be helping...

Thanks,

Mike.....

(Well, on closer inspection, the speeds are spiking up and down 40kb->0kb->40kb every few minutes, so seems to have stopped it breaking for so long, but not condusive to particularly high download speeds )

Archived