Cpu 100%

MyndeX

What version of µTorrent are you using?

It's called µTorrent for a reason.. it's not supposed to be resource-intensive at all!

edit: there are two CPU-related options in the FAQ...

net.low_cpu reduces CPU use slightly. If you download very fast, you might get better speeds by turning this off.
diskio.coalesce_writes tries to minimize the number of calls to WriteFile. It doesn't have any effect at all on download speed, but it might cause marginally less disk writes (at the expense of more memory / CPU).

You may want to look at altering these options from the Advanced Options menu. But it's probably a better idea to wait for someone who knows a little more about µT than me first..

I am using 1.2

net.low_cpu reduces CPU use slightly. If you download very fast, you might get better speeds by turning this off.

Which option to choose ? False or True? Now is chosed True

diskio.coalesce_writes tries to minimize the number of calls to WriteFile. It doesn't have any effect at all on download speed, but it might cause marginally less disk writes (at the expense of more memory / CPU).

Which option to choose ? False or True? Now is chosed False

100%, that just wierd, either you found some veray rare bug in µTorrent or

there something wrong with your computer, maybe some other program

causes µTorrent to take 100% cpu.

net.low_cpu just slightly less cpu, hardly worth using, except if you have a really ancient computer :P

µTorrent use only 0-2% cpu for me even when I download very fast(10Mbit or 1,24MB/s ;)),

so keep diskio.coalesce_writes on false

I use Windows XP Pro Sp1

hmm, I was hoping you used win98, who knows what wierd error it could give µTorrent :P

Either it might be Zone'Alarm as DreadWingKnight(but no other µTorrent users have reported it yet) or

it could be some other security program, do you have other security programs except for ZA and NAV 2k3?

ZoneAlarm has a long history of interfering with P2P applications.

The only way to fully get rid of that interference is to remove it from the computer using the start menu - (all) programs - zonealarm - uninstall.

I run ZA for years and years with all the p2p applications you could think of without any problems whatsoever

I'd rather get rid of norton and get kaspersky or s/th similar...or at least try to disable norton's real time check

-DG

It didn't help

Apparently shutting down NAV didn't help' date=' but I say it's still worth uninstalling. ;)[/quote']

lol ya, either buy kaspersky or use a free AV program, like ClamWin.

Anyway, myndex your problem could be =

driver problem

some wrong with the OS

hardware problem(cpu/mem/vga)

...or a very rare bug in µTorrent :P

If the driver recieves 5 CRC fails from the drive, it'll start stepping down the UDMA level. I had this happen to me a few weeks ago when my laptop drive started going slower and slower, and eventually it got to PIO only. At that point, my system barely crawled. I had to uninstall the IDE channel and let Windows find the drives again after the reboot to reset it.

Archived