Upnp and udp port setting reference SwifticAB block

Slippery

1. There are so many port threads...I read many but I would be all day reading through all of them so I just ask my question since I did not find answer. From what I have read utorrent does not require any udp port. However when I launch utorrent peer guardian reports a block of udp address 72.20.34.145 on port 6881 SwifticAB.

Should I be allowing this? I have this port blocked in my firewall due to privacy. Now if it is required and I have upnp enabled, then why wouldn't utorrent add the port automatically?

2. Secondly another issue with upnp is it doesn't always remove the port or disable it at shutdown. What can be done? Thank you.

1) It uses UDP when attempting to connect to router.utorrent.com as a DHT bootstrap. If you use DHT, you should allow the connection.

2) Dunno, as it seems to remove properly for me :| Can you tell us what router you're using? What version of µTorrent are you using?

The router I am using is Linksys BEFSX41 Firmware version 1.52.9. Windows XP sp2 is my os. It's about 50/50 chance of it removing the port entry. If it does remove it, it always leaves the enable checkbox ticked. If it leaves the entry then the next time I run utorrent it creates another entry leaving the existing entry intact.

Utorrent version RC2 is current I have installed. Though it has always been this way since I first installed the beta months ago. I always autoupdate to new beta.

Archived