torrent tracker/file

fitica

Hey everyone... I'm fairly new to utorrent and when i first downloaded it it used to save a copy of a file which was the link to the torrent itself. In other words, if I where to delete the torrent file from within utorrent along with that data I could simply find that file in the folder where all my torrents are saved and click it and it would automatically start downloading that torrent again. I upgraded to the latest version and now it does not do that anymore. Can anyone help? I tried looking in preferences but there is no checkbox that can checked for this. Thanks in advance

http://www.utorrent.com/faq.php#How_can_I_share_my_torrents_between_user_profiles.3F

The only other place you can put it is in the same directory as the executable. Allowing the user to put it anywhere else would require the use of a central repository to store the settings location. What's the most easily thought-up central repository of settings? The Windows Registry, and IMHO, that shouldn't be touched for something like this.

Archived