Help!!!!!!!!!

fucked_up

OK...I have speed problems!! My connection type is adsl 3072/512. My download speed in u-torrent is about 20 Kbps! I have tryed everything that u suggested in COMMON PROCEDURES THAT SHOULD BE FOLLOWED, REGARDLESS OF THE PROBLEM post but it doesn't help!! The strangest thing is that when was downloading OOo_2.2.1_Win32Intel_install_en-US.exe my download speed was 330 Kbps but on any other torrent is 20 Kbps!! Help me guys!!!

Ah, your connection's settings are terribly wrong.

You cannot upload that fast nor maintain nearly that many active torrents at once.

You should have chosen the xx/512k setting.

Having too many active or downloading torrents at once can SEVERELY cripple per-torrent and even TOTAL download+upload speeds.

OK, have done what u told me but download speed isn't any better!! What should i do next!!

And what pisses me off is that i'm uploading faster than downloading!!!!!

Isn't anyboda gonna help me!?!?!?! I thought this is official forum where ppl can find some help for their problems!!!!!!! C'mon guys I know u can help me!!!!!!!!!

talk it easy, we'll help you. remember utorrent works so that the quality of your upload influences your download. is the download speed really low in ref. to your upload? maybe its torrents you are downloading? more info

Having more seeds != more speed.

If you've configured the Speed Guide properly, and have your port forwarded, then there isn't anything we can do. The swarm you're connected to is simply slow, and you're gonna have to be patient. BitTorrent cannot guarantee speeds because of its very nature: it's a P2P protocol.

Yeah but I ve been downloading this torrent for 3 days already and it's at 55,4%!! It has 562 seeders and 3683 peers!! Would some1 plz try downloading that torrent too see what speed will be at your download!! The name is [specifics removed] and i have founded it on torrentspy.com!!

EDIT by silverfire: Read the announcement. Yes - I mean the one that's staring at you in the face at the top of the page.

I find when i disable encyption and enable legacy connections my speed is around 110kb/s

And when encryption is enabled or forced than i get 20-30kb/s.

Also try not being a seeder. Stop your completed downloads because that also effected me.

Wow Roy1491! How do you get that speed without port forward? I get that speed with port forward lol? What was your download and upload speed? Sorry to take the thread but i must know how to get that speed :D. Or is it just lots of seeders/swarm?

1) Get the lastest beta: 1.7rc5

2) If Roy1491 has about as many peers connected as you do, then forwarding likely isn't the issue.

The strangest thing is that when was downloading OOo_2.2.1_Win32Intel_install_en-US.exe my download speed was 330 Kbps but on any other torrent is 20 Kbps!!

3) This implies that your problems aren't related to connection settings, but are torrent-specific. My download speeds will range from 1.5meg/s to 1k/s depending on the torrent.

Honey when you say 1k/s

Do you mean 1000kb/s?

You must have a 100mbit connection or something or a good torrent. I don't want to invade but what torrent was it :D.

I just tried the regular bittorrent client and got 70-90kb/s which i think is good for a regular client. So settings also make a difference.

Try the regular bittorrent client as there are no settings to configure and make sure auto bandwith is on.

He means 1KiB/s :o

@OP: Several of us have already come to the conclusion that it's a problem with the torrent swarms you're connecting to. In that situation, there isn't much else to do besides wait. Like I told you before, BitTorrent does not guarantee speeds. Just because you can get fast rates at this point in time doesn't mean you'll always get it later on.

I meant 1k/s, Coolio10. Dog slow. You drop into a new issue and the origin seed is dribbling 1k/sec, guess what speed you're going? (Wanna know how long it will take you to DL 4.3gigs at 3k/s, BitTornado's minimum possible seed speed? I'll tell you: seventeen days.) Even if you show up when everyone else is at 95% two weeks down the road, they may not be inclined to share full-rate to Johny-come-latelys. And then there's those sixty-year-old-"B-movie" torrents with the one "fan" seed who basically keeps the thing alive...for those willing to wait forever to get it.

(I personally think uTorrent shouldn't allow 1k/s.)

Because you asked, my connection is basic "cheap cable" from Comcast; my fastest "throttled" UL is 44k/s, although it can "burst" to 250k/s for usually less than fifteen seconds, and I can sometimes steady-state UL at near 70k/s to a single peer in a low-traffic torrent (i.e., Comcast's automated procedures can't readily determine it's P2P). Download speeds vary depending upon peer willingness and capacity to trade; my best ever rate was with some anime series--some guy in Japan with what had to be a T3 was just up-ending the proverbial dump-truck on everybody. It was like: Wow.

Yeah: It'll butcher your private-site ratios to hell when you slurp 15gigs in three hours!

Archived