uTorrent will not let me download

nikky

it didnt work... i dont know what the problem is...

on the uTorrent page it says downloading but there is nothing in the seeds, peers, down speed, upseed columns etc.

i dont know if this means anything probably does.. on the logger it says unable to map UPnP Port... ?

thanks so much

The UPnP error is nothing important at this stage. What does Tracker Status say in the General tab for the OpenOffice torrent? Are there no other errors in the Logger tab?

What OS are you using (XP SP2?) and are you trying to save the files on a harddrive in you computer? Who is your ISP (internet service provider)?

honestly, i am not very good with this kind of stuff but i have tried everything that i can think of, i feel stupid saying this but half the stuff you just said i have no idea what it is...

-no other errors in the logger tab

-windows xp

-rogers is my isp provider

Rogers Cable ISP in Canada is among the most hostile ISPs there are towards BitTorrent traffic. In some areas they may completely block access, though typically they throttle it to 20 KiloBYTES/sec download and less than 5 KiloBYTES/sec upload.

This means you probably need to re-run Speed Guide (CTRL+G) and choose the xx/256k setting or less if you haven't already.

Definitely try different encryption settings, as we've heard reports of BETTER speed with it off than on from some people.

Disable DHT and Resolve ips, as that will just cut into what little download/upload speed you get.

You may also want to reduce global and per-torrent connections max to as low as 30-60 to see if that helps.

Archived