cant use net with utorrent

geelong_guy

Well, I have been having this issue for a long time now, even after doing a format and reinstallation of everything.

But when utorrent is running, I am unable to browse the net, when I try to open opera, or select a site from my bookmarks I get the 'unable to locate server' message.

Anyone know why this is?

yes, i do have port forwarding set (Dlink 502T), i also use zone alarm. however it is set to allow utorrent

ta DreadWingKnight,

but loks like that link is all about connection speed, i dont heve a prob there... on a 152\128 connection im downloading at around 15-25, and uploading at around 10-15

as i said, its just not being able to do anything else when utorrent is running

is this what you mean DreadWingKnight?

Color of the network status light in µTorrent's status bar, green

What the port checker from the Speed Guide writes. OK! Port 19140 is open and accepting connections.

You will be able to receive incoming BitTorrent connections.

What the Speed Guide shows your settings to be (press Ctrl+G in µTorrent)

Upload limit 9kBs on 3 upload slots

Connections per torrent, 55

Connections global, 50

Max active torrents, 1

Max active downloads, 1

Operating system installed, XP pro

Security software installed, Zone alarm, AVG

Exact router model(s), and exact modem model, Dlink DSL 205T

ISP Internode

Connection type 512 \ 128 broadband the speed test result was 46.1 / 10.5 KB/sec

Definitely. You're not getting what's advertised by your ISP, but that can come from many factors (the easiest I can think of being your location/distance from the ISP's nearest routing center), so there probably isn't much you can do about it. You might want to select xx/64k and increase the upload rate to 6KiB/s.

Ok i got the allmost same problem with utorrent... insteed of the net not comming up it just takes a long time for it to come up, but the funny part is that even when utorrent is not downloading anything it still has that problem.. ok now i got 3342 kbs download and 350 upload, the port is not forward, but that cant be the problem because it still does it when it not downloading anything at all, so no banwidth is being used. so what is the deal and i just uploaded the new 1.7 rc and i still got the same problem..

thanks Mordakai

Archived