Certain Tracker Connections Actively Refused

JakeNYC

The point of this thread is to find out if there is a problem with;

"Tracker Status: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it."

If its a problem, why does it happen and how to solve it. ie, troubleshooting

Other clients don't have this problem.

I just want to know it the problem is a Client or Tracker one. Is it user specific or common.

utorrent works fine on most private trackers, but on public ones i get the problem.

Can anyone test to confirm, or help to give answers?

• 3 years later...

Hi

I'm using uTorrent 1.8.1 build 12639 (WinXP sp3).

I am getting a tracker error message on about half the trackers used by utorrent (this started suddenly about a week ago - it never happened previously) :

Tracker Status: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

I checked online and got this translation for the error message: error 10061 - an error connecting to the tracker

I checked other torrent websites and it seems that other seeders for files on my list have not been similarly affected.

Sometimes if site servers/trackers are overloaded or down, then this happens, but currently there are no such problems, yet the tracker connection issue continues...

Some of the symptoms I have noticed so far:

The Nat network indicator is green (Network OK)

(The utorrent listening port has been changed to the 40 000 - 50 000 range and port forwarding for the router has been enabled. An XP Firewall exception for uTorrent has been manually added. )

The DHT on the status bar says: DHT : waiting to log in or DHT: 0 nodes (login)

(On the torrent detailed view, tracker tab [DHT] status is : waiting for announce... The dht.rate value under advanced options is -1)

Does anyone know how to fix this - any help would be very much appreciated.

thx

Archived