Google Desktop Sidebar Gadget

ccMatrix

Hello,

I've created a small Google Desktop sidebar gadget for µTorrent.

The gadget is available from:

http://www.imagine-interactive.de/gadgets/index.php?show=utorrent

It currently displays the current upload and download speed. You can choose which torrents you want to view (completed, stopped, started, seeding groups are available. each group can be viewed or hidden. So you can for example show all started and seeding at once). You can see the progress of the running gadgets and the ETA. You can also display some detailed information in the details view. You can add new torrents by url using the + icon.

It is currently NOT possible to do the extended stuff. You can click on the µTorrent icon to open the web interface for that. I might add additional features if needed.

Feedback is of course welcome.

Best regards,

Benjamin

• 3 months later...

It seems he cannot find some of the images. I never experienced this error so I can only guess about solutions. I would try completely removing the gadget from the sidebar then closing Google Desktop. When Google Desktop is closed delete the folder

%temp%\Google Gadget Cache\{C400F8A6-E73F-72D1-48AA-3718F5CAB39E}

which is the cache for the gadget and the uTorrent gadget file in :

My Documents\My Google Gadgets

This folder might be localized based on your language. After that restart Google Desktop and reinstall the gadget from the gadget website (http://www.googledesktopgadgets.com/index.php?show=utorrent).

Let me know if that helps.

Best regards,

Benjamin

• 2 months later...

Now this is awesome... Ever since I saw there was a vista sidebar gadget, i've been hoping for a Google Desktop Gadget to do the same thing! You've made my day! Thanks very much!

Of course, no response is complete without suggestions... sooooo...

I would like to be able to see the share ratio right on the sidebar, without having to click the torrent name, then the info button. Anyway you might consider adding code to allow users to see another selectable piece of info right on the sidebar? There seems to be enough room left over... :)

Thanks again for the great gadget.

• 2 years later...

Archived