Question about "Seed while"

xyriel

I tried to used the "seed while" function but never got the upload to slow down. I need some explanation on this function.

I set the "Seed while" to "25%" and "ignore" and "limit bandwith" to 4k/s

My understanding is that when my upload ratio will be 0.25, my upload bandwith will slow down to 4k

Obviously I'm wrong because my upload ratio got up to 5.00 and my bandwith was way above 4k/s

The 25% means 25% of what?

Thanks

So, while I'm downloading, I can't control my upload rate by ratio. I either limit it through a global setting or let it run loose?

As for why, my provider charges 7,95$/gig above my 5 gig ratio on upload. I need to keep the cost of my internet under control.

Hi

I have a... confusion problem about this 'seed while'.

I currently set it at ratio 150% / seed time 48 hours. It's supposed to shut down the torrent when one of these seed goals is achieved (limit upload rate to 0).

Well, the problem is that it wont stop the torrent. I have torrents with 'Time Elapsed' 5 days, 23 hours, which is kinda more than the seed goal. I should also add that most of these torrents were already finished dld-ing when i added them to utorrent.

Is there a solution to this?

I too have the problem of the torrent seeding for longer that I am asking it to.

>>> Seed While Ratio is 150% or seeding time is: (Ignore) <<<

Using these setting I constantly will return to my computer to find a seed ratio above 2.00. I have attempted to change the ratio slightly and setting a seeding time, but neither has had a successful result.

Anyone else experiencing this problem? Any resolutions?

If I remember correctly, it's a while statement, so the torrent stops seeding after 48 hours if it's reached 150% or continues after 48 hours until it's reached 150%. Both conditions have to be met.

The condition is OR. Either of those conditions has to be fullfiled to reach the goal. I didnt have this problem before upgrading to version 1.7

I found a solution anyway. If the 'Seed While' is setup at 100% / 72 hours (with limit upload rate to 0) , it will correctly stop the torrent when it reaches 72 hours of seeding time, regardless of the ratio.

Seed while != Seed until

And yet, my quote stands. µTorrent will seed while the ratio is less than 150%, or the time limit is reached. If either hold true, it will continue seed, because the value of that conditional statement is what decides the while statement's ability to continue.

Once again, µTorrent is not seeding until either the ratio reaches 150%, or the time limit is reached. It is seeding while both haven't been reached.

And this has always been the behavior since this whole queueing thing was implemented. I would know, as I've been documenting the entire application for over a year now.

thats true, and i acknowledged that.

but...

Well, the problem is that it wont stop the torrent. I have torrents with 'Time Elapsed' 5 days, 23 hours, which is kinda more than the seed goal.

seed goal is 48 hours.

the problem is that one of the goals has been reached (the time one), and it still doesnt stop the torrent.

Maybe I'm wrong, and that 'Elapsed Time' is actually the total time for the torrent, including the downloading time, and not only the seed time.

If either hold true, it will continue seed

Ratio is <= [ 150 ] % or seeding time is: [ <= 48 hours ]

Conditional 1: Ratio is <= [ 150 ] %

Conditional 2: seeding time is: [ <= 48 hours ]

If either conditional 1 holds true, or conditional 2 holds true, it will continue to seed. That means it won't stop until after both conditionals are false (the ratio is no longer <= 150%, and the seeding time is no longer <= 48 hours). Until then... well, you get the drill.

Tricky logic that caught me too while I was writing the manual.

i was having a look at this post and have found the following to be tested true.

if i set the seed while to ratio <= 101% and leave the time to ignore, then check the when seeding goal reached and enter 0 kB/s. the torrent stops seeding at ratio 1.010 and reads 'finished'.very handy

• 1 year later...

yes, it's been a long time since the last post in this topic

is there any way to set in the options in, that when download reaches one Condition (example) 72h seeding, than it makes specified option? (example stop seeding)

i don't need both conditions to be true.

thanks

Archived