diskIO flush problem with Google desktop search

slide

utorrent continually stops downloading and reports an file open error saying the file is used by another program. I had not reported this issue when I noticed it on an earlier realease looking it as a minor one for the flush option is not enabled by default at that time.

Google desktop and msn desktop seem to cause problems. I wouldnt use them tbh, how do you know they arent reporting back to their respective owners what you're downloading/seeding. After all you know what a hard-on microsoft and most other big companies have for killing the p2p community off. Proof of the fact they are actually scanning what you're downloading comes from the fact they are accessing the files (and probably hashing them ready to check against a db of known pirated copies that a third party company like mediasentry might have).

Delete it, run spyware sweeps with spybot etc, run antivirus scans, lock everything down, and make sure you're running PG2. At least then you have a chance. If you need x and y functionality that you get with google desktop, look for other software that can provide it.

Or just wait for your mpaa/riaa letter after they grass you up.

Google desktop and msn desktop seem to cause problems. I wouldnt use them tbh, how do you know they arent reporting back to their respective owners what you're downloading/seeding. After all you know what a hard-on microsoft and most other big companies have for killing the p2p community off. Proof of the fact they are actually scanning what you're downloading comes from the fact they are accessing the files (and probably hashing them ready to check against a db of known pirated copies that a third party company like mediasentry might have).

if you are concerning about microsoft or other big companies taking a sneak peak at your P2P activity and reporting it back, why are you still using windows?

I don't think it is a google's issue. Make utorrent to try to open the file several times at increasing intervals before it stops downloading at all will solve the issue if I am not wrong.

if you are concerned about microsoft or other big companies taking a sneak peak at your P2P activity and reporting it back, why are you still using windows?

I don't think it is a google issue. Make utorrent try to open the file several times at increasing intervals before it stops downloading at all, will most likely solve the issue if I am not wrong.

Mainly because i like to play certain games that i cant get to run on my linux machines. So i keep a windows machine on kvm for when i need my gaming kick. Also utorrent lacks a native linux port, and although i can run it under wine (just with some heavy tweaks and hacks), its easier just to run it from windows.

[Edited the quote for grammar and syntax :P]

Archived